Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 For PS3 Is not working on my WOW internet.

by MBWS_1_DERER

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 For PS3 Is not working on my WOW internet.

★★★ Newbie
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 For PS3 is not working on my WOW internet but did work on my AT&T internet.
  • I just starting playing some RA3 again on my PS3 but it won’t let me connect to an online game at my house. I keep getting this “Failed to connect to the match host. Please try connecting to another match.” when we try to join the game invitations.
  • I can take my PS3 to my uncle’s house and connect with no problems, he has Spectrum internet.
  • I’ve tried opening the recommended ports per EA suggestions but didn’t work. EA had me do some Traceroute and Ping tests. They said the results were showing some timeouts and stated my ISP could be causing the problem.
  • I’ve also tried putting my PS3 in the DMZ on my router, still no luck. I’ve also tried a different (new) modem and router but no luck. WOW came out and replaced their modem/router and replaced the outside cable. Still no luck with the game but did make some minor signal improvements. WOW claims they don’t know what is causing the problem and is stating it must be an EA or Sony issue. 
  • Any insight or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3 (940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 For PS3 Is not working on my WOW internet.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @MBWS_1_DERER.

If the game is working fine on another connection then this would certainly point to an issue with your home network or ISP. 

If you have done all the steps suggested by our live support and it is still not working but does in your Uncle's then this certainly points to the issue being something which your ISP would need to address.

Best thing I can advise is to speak with your ISP and see if there are any other steps they can recommend. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (900 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @MBWS_1_DERER.

If the game is working fine on another connection then this would certainly point to an issue with your home network or ISP. 

If you have done all the steps suggested by our live support and it is still not working but does in your Uncle's then this certainly points to the issue being something which your ISP would need to address.

Best thing I can advise is to speak with your ISP and see if there are any other steps they can recommend. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We figured out the online game play is only connecting while on a LAN connection (in the same house) but is not working on a WAN connection (in different houses). We made sure both PS3s were in the DMZ so all ports were open. We also tried 2 houses with the same ISP. Not sure what to do now.

Message 3 of 3 (866 Views)