Closing account

by FIDreams

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Closing account

★★★★★ Newbie

I have no way of trying to get to your departments any other way than through here. I just want this resolved and do not need to talk to a representative. I hope you understand

This is a formal note to tell you that I need my account closed. I have had in recent days 1 to 2 email sent to me every month now about how my account as being accessed by others. I need my account closed because.

1) I do not know what personal information could be leaked by said attacks.

2) If I can not close out my account through my Setting and the emails of people trying to get into my account
have increased. I have reasons that lead me to believe that the security you provide is not very secure.

3) I have not needed you services in years. The Only reason I started your service was the Mandatory sign-in to
some game that I bought years ago.

I have tried to contact you via email a month ago with the same concern. I have had no response. I will be copying and documenting all of these instances. If there is a chance that my account is hacked and personal information is compromised I will be seeking legal action.

It is my hope that this will be avoided and we can come to some agreement. Accessing my account you will see that there has been nothing done in years. I am in all purposes, a dead account to your company. Having not bought anything from you in years. Thank you for your understanding and help in this matter.

Robert Whittington III

Message 1 of 11 (1,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Closing account

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @FIDreams 

Unfortunately, that's not something we can do on our forum since your EA account needs to be verified first Embarrassed

Could you please reach out to our live support, either on chat or request a phone call (sending an email won't be sufficient), on EA Help? Our advisers will assist you with closing your account.

You can create a new case and request contact from our agents by following steps listed in this article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,808 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @FIDreams 

Unfortunately, that's not something we can do on our forum since your EA account needs to be verified first Embarrassed

Could you please reach out to our live support, either on chat or request a phone call (sending an email won't be sufficient), on EA Help? Our advisers will assist you with closing your account.

You can create a new case and request contact from our agents by following steps listed in this article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 11 (1,809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Fair enough, but can you please tell my why most sites have it where you can close out you account in your options/setting were as EA/Origin I have to go through the effort of calling up someone to go through a process of just to do that?

I was force to open Join just to play a game, now I'm being forced to go through all these hoops just to protect my Identity?

Look I'm not one of those 'EA is bad'. I admit I've had my doubts in the video game industry on a whole but to have this much trouble when even you own 'Answers HQ' has no topic of 'Closing Ones Account' speaks volumes.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off angry, but put yourself in my shoes as someone who hasn't bought an EA game in years. I don't mind the Email to protect me, but I haven't done Anything with this site except to play a game that needed me to sign up to this site before I could play. To Keep getting EMails telling me that my Information was being compromised has me Very concern and It should to you also. That someone or some persons are trying to attack your site.

I will call, but please understand if I have Any trouble with this process I will be leading up this form.

Message 3 of 11 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FIDreams Hi..I am having the same problems with someone accessing my account too. What a rigmarole to get my account closed..about once a month I get an email about someone accessing my account, trying to close it, is ridiculous. Have you had any luck yet?
Message 4 of 11 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, haven't had the time. Working 60+ hours at a closing store this is a problem that's best left when I have the time. I just Know I'll probably be spending an Hour at best with this. Why I think that? because of the hassle it's given me and the fact that I can tell they just don't want people to be able to just close their accounts easily by just putting a 'Close My Account' option in their Account Setting. You know Internet Web Building 101 lol

Message 5 of 11 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Someone is also accessing my account and they are taking payments. I need this account closing, how can I do this? 

Message 6 of 11 (1,399 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you want to close your account then will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,348 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing has been happening to me, signed to okay a game forgot all about it untill I received A email saying someone has been logging into my account. I’ve tried to change my password but with no log as nothing will stay open long enough for me to click it. I’ve tried trying to find a way to close my account but I can’t seem to find anything! Seems a bit weird a big company like EA don’t have an option to close the account. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,220 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sparklybanana18 the best thing to do in this situation is to speak with our live support by following the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,185 Views)

★ Novice

This is what I get! 

Message 10 of 11 (1,175 Views)