Child purchase - system too old

by KittyBro776

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Child purchase - system too old

★★★ Newbie

Hi, Mychild purchased Sims 4 but her operating system is too old and she does not have a origin access account. How can I get a refund?

Can Sims be played without an Origin Access Account on a PC?

Can Sims be played on X box?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 3 (409 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Child purchase - system too old

@KittyBro776  Sims 4 can be played without Origin Access.  It does require the Origin app to be installed and running, but the app itself is free.  Origin's minimum requirement is currently Windows 7, or macOS 10.9.  If you're not sure whether your child's computer supports the game and Origin, feel free to post its specs.

Sims 4 is also available for XBox One (and Playstation 4).  It has to be bought separately, not through Origin but through the Microsoft (or Sony) store; or you can probably buy the console version in a physical store.  But the PC/Mac and console versions don't transfer back and forth.

If you want to refund the PC version, you can do so automatically within 14 days if you haven't launched it, or within 24 hours if you have launched it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (378 Views)

All Replies

@KittyBro776  Sims 4 can be played without Origin Access.  It does require the Origin app to be installed and running, but the app itself is free.  Origin's minimum requirement is currently Windows 7, or macOS 10.9.  If you're not sure whether your child's computer supports the game and Origin, feel free to post its specs.

Sims 4 is also available for XBox One (and Playstation 4).  It has to be bought separately, not through Origin but through the Microsoft (or Sony) store; or you can probably buy the console version in a physical store.  But the PC/Mac and console versions don't transfer back and forth.

If you want to refund the PC version, you can do so automatically within 14 days if you haven't launched it, or within 24 hours if you have launched it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Many thanks -really clear and helpful instructions.
Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)