Re: Child account setup

by njccdp

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I dont have a windows PC at all - only pcs running linux, and there isnt a copy of Origin to download, even if I wanted to download more junk simply to create an account for my child to use.  Website to create an account doesnt work properly in firefox, and this barely works in chromium.  Utter rubbish!

Message 11 of 18 (1,833 Views)

Community Manager

If you are having an issue creating an account in your browser then this would point to a system issue @stevercam. I just tried creating accounts on both FireFox and Chrome without issue.

Have you any unusual extensions installed?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 18 (1,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Removed by CM]

Message 13 of 18 (1,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is that you have to have Origin to create a child account, it cannot be done online, which many people feel is ridiculous.

Message 14 of 18 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just joined EA for my kids.

This is simply CRAZY that you have to download some Bloatware to my PC to add a child account!

Fix it EA.

I'm not doing it!

[And you can remove the account I've just created for myself ...]

Message 15 of 18 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Just remember, if your kid is under 13, he will not be able to play any of the EA games on line, not matter what you do.  Now if your 12 year old was really 14, then everything would be fine

Message 16 of 18 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Wow, I can't believe this thread is from 2015. It is now 2020, and I am faced with the same scenario that so many parents have in the past. I followed the instructions they included in https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/, but account creation doesn't work. After I select country and DOB, I check the "ask your parent..." box, and I get this message" UNABLE TO CREATE ACCOUNT. We're sorry, but you are not eligible to create an EA Account at this time.".... SERIOUSLY? I have to download a program to create a child account under my e-mail?....Raised eyebrow *FACE PALM*Disappointed

I forgot to add/ask: If I proceed with the download, may I delete the program after I create the child account (without affecting the child account)?

Message 17 of 18 (1,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @GiniePR I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

You can find all the info related to creating an EA account here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 18 (1,185 Views)