Checking if a code were redeemed

by Peomlove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Checking if a code were redeemed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought an extra sims 3 base game, and a sims 3 pets al long time ago accidental. Since I have two codes, I wanted to give one to my cousin. But, I don’t know which one of the codes were redeemed or not. Is there a way to check if a code was redeemed, without actually redeeming it in case of it hadn’t been redeemed? Also, if i bought a physical sims 3 game and code, do I have to use the disk to download it, even if I have the code that was inside of it?

Message 1 of 2 (1,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Checking if a code were redeemed

@Peomlove

1)  Let your cousin try all the codes; the ones you've already redeemed won't be usable again.  It won't hurt your account or your cousin's to try.

2)  If you register your code in Origin (or on the Sims 3 Store site), you can download the game from Origin for free, no disc necessary.  That goes for the base game and all packs.  But please do check your Origin library to make sure your content is all listed there—packs have been known to go missing even when they were originally registered using new sealed disc copies.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,432 Views)

All Replies

Re: Checking if a code were redeemed

@Peomlove

1)  Let your cousin try all the codes; the ones you've already redeemed won't be usable again.  It won't hurt your account or your cousin's to try.

2)  If you register your code in Origin (or on the Sims 3 Store site), you can download the game from Origin for free, no disc necessary.  That goes for the base game and all packs.  But please do check your Origin library to make sure your content is all listed there—packs have been known to go missing even when they were originally registered using new sealed disc copies.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,433 Views)