Re: Cheaters ruining multiplayer games

by SaintGodfreyOmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheaters ruining multiplayer games

★★ Apprentice

On many of the online multiplayer Origin games, there are cheaters all over the place. The same people in those games, day after day, and no penalties or bans. If it is a game that has its own forums and website, posting about it on there does no good because they say it is an origin issue since that is how multiplayer games are populated. If we contact origin, or send reports, nothing happens! The same users, day after day, still in those games ruining it for the rest of us.
Is there anything ever going to be accomplished by sending in cheating reports, or are we just wasting our time? I have talked to at least twenty or thirty people who have all reported the same user for cheating daily over the last couple of months. Not going to single him out, as that would likely violate the ToS here. I will say that he is there, daily. Hasn't missed a single day. So obviously no penalties or bans were imposed to discourage this cheating.

What is the deal? Does EA support cheaters ruining the gaming experience for its customers, or can something finally be done?

Message 1 of 26 (5,733 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@OopsWTFMyBad

We do take action against cheaters when we can but due to us not making any action we take public it may not be very visible to everyone else.

Please continue to report unfair play whenever you see it to help ensure a level playing field for everyone.

If you suspect a player may be playing unfairly you can use the steps detailed at the following link to report them.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (5,676 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@OopsWTFMyBad

We do take action against cheaters when we can but due to us not making any action we take public it may not be very visible to everyone else.

Please continue to report unfair play whenever you see it to help ensure a level playing field for everyone.

If you suspect a player may be playing unfairly you can use the steps detailed at the following link to report them.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 26 (5,677 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you this help a lot, but just to add some constructive criticism. Try adding a report system in game/ add the ability to call a Battlefield 4 admin to investigate during a game so we don't have to record everything. 

Message 3 of 26 (5,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry but I cannot accept your reply. Your players know better. We have seen this for some time now, and nothing ever changes. Battlefront 1 was ruined by cheaters, yet in its entire lifespan, nothing was done about it. aimbots, no damage taken mods, etc.  The same people we reported in battlefront 1 on a regular basis are now the cheaters in battlefront 2. I can think of at least a dozen players who are not only well known for cheating, but even brag about it in game chat, and not one of them has missed a day. I see them all at least once a day, bragging about how they are camping a defend point and no one can beat them because they are unkillable.
Not buying this nonsense that EA does anything about cheaters. If you did, people wouldn't be brazenly bragging about it, and never getting even a day ban.
I also wouldn't be dealing with the same cheaters I dealt with a year or two ago in the previous battlefront.

Do something about it, don't just say you do. Origin and EA are getting a VERY bad reputation for not only customer service, but for keeping their games cheater free. Gotten to the point where if one of my friends expresses interest in an EA game, I tell them " don't! its on origin and you don't want to do that to yourself!"
Is this really how you want your long time customers referring to your company?
Then finally get off your chairs, stop telling us you will do somethign about it, and do it already. Not buying the official EA line that we report you act.
More like we report, you never do anything!

EDIT: also, why would you put some silly cut and paste link to reporting players? Did you even read the original post where it clearly shows already know where to report? Just put in some cut and paste nonsense to pacify? Didn't work.

Try again, and this time, try doing it without some cut and paste nonsense we don't buy anyway. Give me a real response that indicates you understand the issue. Not some C+P nonsense which makes me believe you didn't even properly read the posts.

Message 4 of 26 (5,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with this post. Nothing is being done about cheats and it actually appears that orgin is encouraging cheating.  I am getting to the point of no longer playing the game as it is obvious when it happens. Level 0 players kill me with 1 shot over and over. If some changes don't happen sooner than later I will be requesting my money back thru the bank and using your failure to enforce the TOS as reason for refund of the game. It seems the only way to make you take notice is to force a monetary penalty on Orgin directly for some action.

Message 5 of 26 (5,592 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actions speak louder than words. If you do something than why are the results not seen or experienced by the end user?  We can tell when someone is cheating and we can tell that you are not doing anything about it.  I am going to request my money back and file a dispute with the bank due to your failure to enforce the TOS in an acceptable manner. just filing the disupte will cost you $100 regardless of the outcome. If enough people do this the monetary loss will motivate you to do more than just talk about it.

Message 6 of 26 (5,591 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is getting silly, and approaching a legal liability by not providing a cheater free experience, which is necessary for multiplayer games. Cheaters ruin the experience for tons of us, yet even trying to get a reply from staff that isn't some cut and paste nonsense is next to impossible!
Enough is enough!

Message 7 of 26 (5,540 Views)

Community Manager

@OopsWTFMyBad

Cheaters benefit no one and it is in everyone's best interest that they do not remain able to play/cheat so, as I said, we do action players and their EA accounts whenever we can.

As you can imagine, it is an uphill struggle for us as well as for players but if you continue to report suspected cheaters we will have more 'ammunition' to fight against them with.

barry.png
Message 8 of 26 (5,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried your link, like everything you say, it doesn't work.  Ran into a hacker in Battlefield 1 that went 200-7.  He did this in a plane.  The 7 deaths were attributed to his crashing his plane then switching sides.  He was boastful.  Called everyone a noob.  I'm 72 years old and been playing for a long time so not a noob.  If EA doesn't address these issue and prove to us that they do, I'm not buying anymore EA games.  This guy's name even reflected he was a hacker.  If I remember right it was [HACK]10001001binary.  He had no emblem and you could not look at his profile.

Message 9 of 26 (5,511 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the old old problem with dedicated company only servers.

Hackers play a game of attrition until the company no longer cares to put in the resources to stay ahead of them.

Message 10 of 26 (5,501 Views)