Re: Change EA email without access to old email account?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change EA email without access to old email account?

★★★ Newbie

How do I change my EA account email without access to the original email address listed? I joined years ago and I'm just trying to change this default username but I don't have access to my email account. Everything I try to do only prompts the site to send a verification link to my email address listed. Great and horrible security all in one. 

Message 1 of 32 (135,075 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @abc1239408307 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is to speak with one of our support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 32 (135,024 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @abc1239408307 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is to speak with one of our support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 32 (135,025 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Damnit Darko, this form literally does nothing. Is there seriously no way community managers can get in touch with management from the help desk in india responsible for account recovery and get them to sort out this problem properly? Multiple people on this forum report filling out that web form only to be told " We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up." by kumar, or habib.
Message 3 of 32 (134,943 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @recoveraccount12 if our account recovery team are unable to assist you due to the information you provided not meeting the criteria to grant access to an account then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

The best thing to do is fill out the form again with as much information as possible. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 32 (134,900 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hey @EA_Darko. Is there somewhere I can find documentation regarding the minimum account recovery criteria? The web form doesn't specificy minimum criteria and if I had this, I could at least assess from my end whether or not I've got enough information to meet standards set out by current EA policy.
Message 5 of 32 (134,876 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@recoveraccount12 These are all just lies. The whole support staff is just bots driving customers in circles until they get so frustrated that they buy their games again on a new account. It's especially easy to break the live chat "agents" to go forever in nonsensical circles. No support person would waste 3 hours straight (and if he did, the madlad got payed for that) on ridiculous and nonsensical questions that repeat over and over with just slightly varied vocabulary. Don't waste time on live chat, or the form. The forms are also reviewed by bots, which have very rigid coding, so if you have even one slight slipup in the data (one space, one upper case, different order of words..) they will deny the recovery. No keys or screenshots will ever get reviewed.
Message 6 of 32 (134,804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can say after these eventful days I'm disgusted about how useless the chat support and the form reviewers are but now, after calling the phone support, I can say tha tthere is still hope for you all. The wonderful real human being who answered the phone helped me to answer to the form correctly, and also in providing information what is and what isn't too important info. Surprisingly after providing the form with zero empty spaces, I was still rejected. After calling the support second time, they same guy answered and went through my rejected form. He said there was no ground for the rejection this time and went on changing my email by himself (the phone support obviously has the highest power), thus I finally got my account back! What a true champion that phone support guy is. So, guys, if you have the same problem, just dig in all the information you just can find (last numbers for the credit crad are important) and if you cant get through, call the support; they can and will help you fill the form with correct info. It's not optimal but hey, it's worth it if you can finally rest the case.

Message 7 of 32 (134,762 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, same support behavior... this is ridiculus.

Message 8 of 32 (134,093 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @enunez_cr have you filled out the account recovery form to try and gain access to the account?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 32 (134,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I created my account years ago with an email address I no longer have access to. After years of having no issues, my account has been hacked and whoever is using it is selling all of my players on FIFA20. Obviously my first response is to change the password, but I can't do that without access to my old email. So I'm trying to add a new email or phone number, but can't do that without the old email either.

I've filled out the recovery form and have gotten NO RESPONSE at all. Additionally, they keep marking my cases as "resolved" when I literally have not heard anything from EA's side. Now I'm here, praying that I can talk to someone (a human being) who can tell me what's going on and what I should do since going through EA's Help channels aren't doing anything. Feel like I'm going crazy, shouting into the void.

Message 10 of 32 (133,089 Views)