Re: Cant install Sims 4 due to error code 196613:200

by xBloodxRampagex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant install Sims 4 due to error code 196613:200

★★★ Novice

I'm fed up with origin. I spent $60 on a game that I cant even play due to needing origin to play it. Ive tried every method that tech support has given me and I get absolutly no farther than I have without their help. The game downloads then says I need to update the game. It never makes it past verifying game data and either says download failed or gives me the error code 196613:200. I tride running as admin, i tried checking the participate for origin beta updates. ive reinstalled the game with no luck at all. Someone please help....

Message 1 of 34 (27,827 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Click on origin then application settings then advanced and find safe mode download and check the marker it helped me it takes longer but it work Standard smile

View in thread

Message 27 of 34 (8,474 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Please manually uninstall Origin, then download the latest version of Origin and run the installation again. After the reinstall please do a Clean Boot and restart your router. Then make sure that you have added firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and opened the needed ports. After this when starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Admin (right click Origin shortcut, go to Properties - Compatibility and tick the 'Run this program as Admin' box) and then try downloading the game again.

Message 2 of 34 (27,390 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have already done this like twenty times and it does not work. i tried telling that to the tech support chat which it seems like they dont know much..

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Please manually uninstall Origin, then download the latest version of Origin and run the installation again. After the reinstall please do a Clean Boot and restart your router. Then make sure that you have added firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and opened the needed ports. After this when starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Admin (right click Origin shortcut, go to Properties - Compatibility and tick the 'Run this program as Admin' box) and then try downloading the game again.

Message 3 of 34 (27,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem!!! Soooo annoying. Feel like I've just wasted $90 (au).

Message 4 of 34 (27,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem, i cant beleive i wasted my money. it has taken over 5 hours over 2 days to get this far and now another error msg. why buy a game when you can't install it like you used to. if you buy a game it should all be on the disk and not have to download anything from the internet.

Message 5 of 34 (27,210 Views)

EA Staff

If you are using any proxies, please disable them. Also please try resetting your Win Hosts files to default.

Message 6 of 34 (27,204 Views)

★★ Novice
i did everything i could found as a solution. but nothing works i keep getting the error it starts to making me pissed off. if you buy a game it should work normall!!!!! instal-update-play thats how it should be!!!! i wasted money now on a game i can not play
Message 7 of 34 (27,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
why does it seems that nobody in the tech support or any game makers know how to fix this damm problem. this is why alot of people dont buy games anymore but just download them ilegally from the internet becouse they work
Message 8 of 34 (26,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have done everything also. I give up. I'll go and buy it from the store if you guys will give me a refund. I'm never buying through origin again.
Message 9 of 34 (26,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this same problem and I'm very frustrated as well. I didn't download the game from the internet, I have the actual disk and its doing the same thing. I cant even get the chat helpline to work but from what I read thats useless anyways.. Very dissapointed right now

Message 10 of 34 (26,308 Views)