Cant install Orgin.

by MichieeBee

Original Post

Cant install Orgin.

★★★ Newbie

I never downloaded Orgin on this computer , but this computer is brand new and everything is up to date, I just bought the new Sims 4 and would love to play it, but im having issues installing,

When its downloading the Orginthinsetup… It will stop and give me " The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found, Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Shortly after I click Ok, Another one pops up saying.. " The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found."

Ive tried reinstalling it and aslo restarting my computer and it continues to say the same thing. I would really like this fixed so I would be able to play.

Someone please help >.<

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: Cant install Orgin.

@MichieeBee  Those .dll files are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes. It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft. Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall. You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (290 Views)