Cannot redeem codes to add to Origin: BF2142 & BF2

by skeppsbrogatan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot redeem codes to add to Origin: BF2142 & BF2

★★ Novice

Why can't I redeem product code to add the following games to Origin ?

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2: Special Forces

Battlefield 2: Booster Packs

?

Message 1 of 4 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot redeem codes to add to Origin: BF2142 & BF2

Hero

@skeppsbrogatan There is a board dedicated to Battlefield 2 here. It mentions the online servers have been taken down, but I don't see anything about the game being taken down altogether. You might need to get in touch with a game advisor to figure out what's going on, you can do so here

When contacting EA, be sure to choose your country on the contact page using the menu in the upper left corner. If your country is not an option, we usually suggest choosing the UK.
If you choose the live chat option, please be aware the estimated wait time is unreliable until it gets under 4 minutes. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try a different browser or try clearing your browser cache. Some browser extentions may also be causing an issue with the chat client. Be aware the the live chat and phone options are only available during certain hours and on certain days, these vary by country. If you're contacting a different country, make sure to account for time differences.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (614 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @skeppsbrogatan

Some older games cannot be registered via Origin. This includes titles such as:

• The Sims Soccer ball
  • The Sims 2
  • Battlefield 1942
  • Battlefield Vietnam

Use your serial key or product code to create a digital copy of your game. You can redeem most game codes in the Origin client or origin.com. More details here https://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-code-redemption-faq/

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 4 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it seems that Battlefield 2 also needs to be added to that list as I have been unable to add it to my Origin through the client AND website.

Can you confirm this ?

Message 3 of 4 (561 Views)

Hero

@skeppsbrogatan There is a board dedicated to Battlefield 2 here. It mentions the online servers have been taken down, but I don't see anything about the game being taken down altogether. You might need to get in touch with a game advisor to figure out what's going on, you can do so here

When contacting EA, be sure to choose your country on the contact page using the menu in the upper left corner. If your country is not an option, we usually suggest choosing the UK.
If you choose the live chat option, please be aware the estimated wait time is unreliable until it gets under 4 minutes. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try a different browser or try clearing your browser cache. Some browser extentions may also be causing an issue with the chat client. Be aware the the live chat and phone options are only available during certain hours and on certain days, these vary by country. If you're contacting a different country, make sure to account for time differences.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (615 Views)