Cannot connect to EA/origin through Ethernet

by itzdaniel384

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to EA/origin through Ethernet

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to sign into Origin in online mode or my online account when using Ethernet. But when I use my WI-FI dongle it's fine. I need my Ethernet as it has a stronger signal.

I have read lots of pages on this website and none of them worked. 

I tried:

• Flushing my DNS
  • Re-installing Origin
  • Checking to see if the network settings were attempting to run on a VPN (they weren't)
  • Reset my Windows Host File
  • Checked my Download Cache(empty)
  • Checked the ports
  • Allowed Origin.exe through the firewall
  • Resetting my router

and some others that I have forgotten.

I can't even sign into the account on the web. "account.ea.com" just times. So I have to use my WI-FI dongle but that gets about 5mbps. Making playing on BF4 impossible due to 100-999 ping.

I am running out of ideas and that this issue is solved when it isn't.

Message 1 of 8 (2,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to EA/origin through Ethernet

Community Manager

@itzdaniel384 Bit of an odd one but no doubt a simple fix, would you mind trying the following to see if they help.

• Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.
  • Make sure Origin is authorized by your anti-virus and firewall
  • Make sure Time/Date is correctly set on the PC
  • Reset Internet Explorer Settings
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings ( make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server )
  • Clear Origin Cache Data
  • Reset the Windows Host File
  • Reboot your computer, now run Origin as Admin by right-clicking it
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (2,220 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@itzdaniel384 See if setting origin to the beta version at the top see if this will help, as well as do this...

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Message 2 of 8 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@2042isNotBF Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that did not work I have tried that before Frown

Message 3 of 8 (2,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@itzdaniel384 Sorry it did not help. If not done already try a new Ethernet Cable as they can go bad. Its worth a shot. Edit... also have a look at this page it may help you... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Message 4 of 8 (2,262 Views)

Community Manager

@itzdaniel384 Bit of an odd one but no doubt a simple fix, would you mind trying the following to see if they help.

• Close Origin completely by right clicking the Origin system tray icon and selecting Exit.
  • Make sure Origin is authorized by your anti-virus and firewall
  • Make sure Time/Date is correctly set on the PC
  • Reset Internet Explorer Settings
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings ( make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server )
  • Clear Origin Cache Data
  • Reset the Windows Host File
  • Reboot your computer, now run Origin as Admin by right-clicking it
Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know it's too late, but i had the exact same issue and this is the only thing that worked:

You simply have to port forward with TCP/UDP, the port numbers are 443 for both TCP and UDP. If you don't know how to, you just have to search a tutorial for your particular router model.

for more detailed info, just check this: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Message 6 of 8 (1,485 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @MaybeDavey.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey, this is an old post but i just had the same problem and i wanted to jump in and tell what worked for me. so basically i needed to disable the wifi/ mobile hotspot function/ or just dont have anything connected to the wifi shared from my pc.
If i connect anything to the shared wifi, origin will go offline immediately. i dont know the reason but everything works perfectly like this.

Message 8 of 8 (983 Views)