by porknbeansss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Purchase Anything from Origin Store

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Anytime I try purchasing something, I get this error message: 

Whoops!
An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase/offerEntries?storeId=origin-store¤c... 409 (Conflict)]

Message 1 of 16 (21,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Purchase Anything from Origin Store

★★★ Expert

You may want to try using a public DNS server, like Google DNS. If it is related to your ISP's DNS then that would fix it. I can't link them but you can search for instructions on using a public DNS. I would recommend Google DNS.

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (23,318 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@porkn

Please clear the Origin cache and your browser cache - once done try making your purchase again. You can also try switching from making the purchase on the website to the client and vice versa.

Message 2 of 16 (21,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Clearing the Cache did nothing.  Happens on multiple browsers.

Message 3 of 16 (21,839 Views)

EA DICE Team

@porkn

Where are you located? Are you using any sort of proxy or VPN? What happens if you use the client instead of the website?

Message 4 of 16 (21,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

New York City. Tried on mulitple browsers at home AND at work. Same error occurs on client AND on websites. Not using any unique proxy or VPN. Just wanted to buy season pass battlefront using code ORIGIN50 before time runs out.

Message 5 of 16 (21,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Based in the UK, have exactly the same problem with the shopping cart. I've reported it twice over the last 7 days, once via a ticket and once to support chat. Was told its being worked on but seriously how amateur is it that Origin can't make a shopping cart work correctly..

Message 6 of 16 (21,768 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue - tried to buy new NFS.

The weird part is this that at my work I have a Belgian / Netherlands IP address (not VPN), and it gives me this error. At home however I have a Polish IP and it works fine. You can probably say, where the problem is, since at my home it works? I can reply you that at home (while having Polish IP) I can ONLY buy Polish/Russian language versions. And I need an English one.

So yeah, Thanks EA, if you don't want my money, so be it.

Oh, and having saved credit card info on Origin does not solve this issue.

Message 7 of 16 (21,762 Views)

★★★ Novice

The are working on solving the problem :P I can't buy anything too. Hope they will fix that before end of origin50. 

Message 8 of 16 (21,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I guess we missed out on the ORIGIN50?  Just following up on the issue that hasn't been fixed on my end. Still looking into it? Anything else I can do in the meantime? Any help is much appreciated thanx! 

Message 9 of 16 (21,617 Views)

★★★ Expert

You may want to try using a public DNS server, like Google DNS. If it is related to your ISP's DNS then that would fix it. I can't link them but you can search for instructions on using a public DNS. I would recommend Google DNS.

Message 10 of 16 (23,319 Views)