Re: Cannot Link Xbox Gamertag to EA Account

by Commander-LZ2

Original Post

Cannot Link Xbox Gamertag to EA Account

★★ Guide

I made an EA account back in 2008 using my old email address (which I still have access to but do not use). Two years ago I ended up making a new EA / Origin account by accident and have been using that for support tickets and support forum posts. The problem is that my old Xbox 360 and Xbox One gamertags were linked to the old email account. I was able to un-link my Xbox One gamertag from the EA account page, but there is NO option to un-link the Xbox 360 gametag (they were the same). 

When I go to link my Xbox Gamertag to my new EA account email address using the "login with Xbox" option on the EA site the EA site incorrectly associates my gamertag with the OLD EA account & email ... Even though my email address on my Xbox / Microsoft account is correct with my new email address. 

Because of this issue I am unable to post in EA game forums because the forums don't seem to think I own the game when I actually do. Who can help fix this? I tried to open a support Case but no matter what options I select I get the same "no channels available" to open a case. 

This is, by far, the worst service site structure I've ever seen! 

Message 1 of 2 (215 Views)

Re: Cannot Link Xbox Gamertag to EA Account

★★★★★ Apprentice
@VetteC5RX That sucks man.

Who can fix it? NO ONE. If you look here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Case-history-empty/td-p/8211708

You will find, that even when you do see a "support channel" available, whether it's "Call back" or make a new case or whatever, they will ALL and I mean ALL - including the community managers here - direct you to that BROKEN webform. Where you will type in ALL your information and then click submit. But then:

- No email confirmation.

- Not possible to view the case.

- All your info from the case gone.

AND NO ONE CARES AT ALL.

So for the love of god just upvote that threads Opening Poster. So that it stays at the top and we can tell all people who come here, that EA sucks and that there's NO help unless you can fix it yourself.

Just make a gog or steam account and be happy.
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)