Cannot Buy The Sims 4 Dine Out With EA Game Card...

by TheAlexCross5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Buy The Sims 4 Dine Out With EA Game Card...

★ Novice

Hello.  I bought a $20.00 EA Game Card from GameStop and was really looking forward to buying The Sims 4 Dine Out.  But, there is tax on the game.  Now I'm stuck with $20.00 that I can't use anywhere else except origin and I have no other way of paying unless I buy another card.  It just really frustrates me that you put taxes on your games.  You guys make enough money as it is.  And now I'm probably not going to get the game I wanted.  If you tax the games then why not sell $25.00 cards?  Like this is ridiculous.  I am outraged.

Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Buy The Sims 4 Dine Out With EA Game Card...

Community Manager

@TheAlexCross5 Hi,

Due to tax laws, we are legally required to apply them to purchases. The way they are added depends upon the laws in each individual country.

Your best bet would be to keep taxes in mind when using the EA Game Cards in the future, this way you should be able to see how much balance will remain on the card after purchases.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cannot Buy The Sims 4 Dine Out With EA Game Card...

Community Manager

@TheAlexCross5 Hi,

Due to tax laws, we are legally required to apply them to purchases. The way they are added depends upon the laws in each individual country.

Your best bet would be to keep taxes in mind when using the EA Game Cards in the future, this way you should be able to see how much balance will remain on the card after purchases.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)