Can we transfer games from one EA account to another?

by mrsrhettbutler

Original Post

Re: Can we transfer games from one Origin account to another?

★ Novice

Can You Transfer A Games To Another Account If The First Account Gets The Game Deleted?

Please Be Friendly And Reply

Message 11 of 49 (17,401 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it's ridiculous that you can't even buy a game as a gift for someone.  My girlfriend did that and had to create her own account to do so.  Now I can't access the game and have received different responses from advisors in the chat windows (even with saved chat transcripts, they won't honor what a previous advisor said and supposedly documented in their notes).  And you can't escalate to a supervisor either.  I'm going to ask my girlfriend to get it refunded and I'll just buy it myself.  I don't understand why EA is so rigid on this - as this forum proves, I'm not the first person to receive a game from someone.  If EA didn't own the rights to the Sims, I would never do business with them again after this experince.

Message 12 of 49 (17,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I bought a sims stuff pack on one of my accounts. The sims 4 is on the other one. Can I switch them is their both my accounts? Also I bought it online
Message 13 of 49 (16,983 Views)

Community Manager

@xcxmarziapan Hi there,

You will need to contact an EA Advisor, so they can look into this for you: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as product, your platform, "Manage my account" as topic and "Transfer between accounts" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 14 of 49 (16,977 Views)

★★ Novice

No good if you are not US based - the only waythat EA will contact you is via phone, and only if you live inthe US or Canada.

Poor service experience!

Message 15 of 49 (16,945 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree. I accidentally re-purchased a game a few years back and when I got a new computer and downloaded Origin, my game didn't show up. I didn't have the key in my email anymore and it wasn't showing up under My Games in Origin. 

I thought I had just gone crazy and purchased it again.

Well, I found the original purchase. I can now show that I purchased this game twice in My Order History.

But, I can't give one of the keys to a friend?

I purchased both of these, I should be able to do whatever I want with them.

After this mix-up, I refuse to purchase anything through Origin again. If I have the CD, I can do whatever I want with it.

Owell... stupid online purchases.

Message 16 of 49 (16,838 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wouldn't let me call them saying that I didn't put in a valid phone number. Please tell me what I can do.

Message 17 of 49 (16,752 Views)

Hero

@MavandClide What country are you in and what number are you trying to call? If you're trying to use the 'call me back' option available to customers in certain countries, you have to have a phone number in that country, they will not call you back internationally. Remember to set your country using the drop down menu in the upper left corner of the contact page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 49 (16,750 Views)

Community Manager

@MavandClide Generally speaking, if chat isn't available and you are living in a country that doesn't support our 'call me' feature, you could also use a Voice-Over-IP service (such as Skype) instead. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK and use that to call our UK number: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Cheers,

Nils

Message 19 of 49 (16,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE battle field 4 and I so pissed of because I put my DOB wrong and I cant play it I technically wasted my money and EA or Orgin Can help me because they don't care.

Message 20 of 49 (16,618 Views)