Re: Can we transfer games from one Origin account to another?

by MarkoCarNebeski

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can we transfer games from one EA account to another?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My friend has the The sims 3 universtiy life on her origin and on disk, but with the disk we can not find the product key, so what did my friend do? She threw the game away. Frown I really want to play univertiy life...

Message 1 of 49 (185,682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

No, it's not possible to transfer games between accounts owned by different players. 

Each games comes with a single playing license for one account only. 

If your friend has already registered the game on her Origin account then she'll be able to download and install the game from Origin directly without using the disks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 49 (217,097 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

No, it's not possible to transfer games between accounts owned by different players. 

Each games comes with a single playing license for one account only. 

If your friend has already registered the game on her Origin account then she'll be able to download and install the game from Origin directly without using the disks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 49 (217,098 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got a second account when I registered my CD-Key for SWTOR under a different email address, is there any way I can get that moved over to my main Origin account? I don't have any need for the second one.

Message 3 of 49 (184,829 Views)

Anonymous

Hallo,

In your case I recommend contacting a game advisor to see if it is possible to get your accounts merged.

To contact a game advisor, please visit the following site:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

# Login to the site by clicking on "LOG IN" in the menu bar, top right.

# If you need to change language, click on the language in the menu bar on the left

# Search the game you need help with.

# Select the game by clicking on the image and click next.

# Select platform and click next

# Select a topic and enter your issue and click next

You will now be provided with the contact options that are available, depending on your country.

With best regards,

inSmithereens

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Useless laws weaken necessary laws"

~ Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu

Message 4 of 49 (184,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello.

I would like to move Sims 3 base game and all expansion packs to another account. In priciple I would give the game to my friend, so the game would be bound to her account, not mine. Is that problem too?

Jan

Message 5 of 49 (180,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think the solution is to create a new account for each game purchase. If you have your own mail server just create an alias email address.

eg Game.Title.Orign AT mydomain

Or try to purchase it at one of the other online stores e.g. gog.com,

To late if you have already purchased it.

Message 6 of 49 (176,564 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

But i want to transfer game from my first account to my second accaut

Message 7 of 49 (172,164 Views)

EA Staff

@MarkoCarNebeski It is not possible to transfer games from one account to another, but it is possible to merge two accounts if you can verify ownership. To do this please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 8 of 49 (172,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So you meen to tell us that even if we have the same game twice with different cd keys we can not give 1 up to our friends??? Means that you control our property now... By buying a game I should be able to resell, guive or donate to someone who is less fortunate has it is mine I own it, baught it and paid my taxes on it. Why are we restricted like that I understand you bound it to an account I can understand that it is to prevent fraudulous acts but for exemple If I decide to give my friend 1 of my games there should be a way in origin or EA to make an account transfer by: lets say contacting origin and give our friends account name and the game we would like to give. We all know none of us needs the same game twice... Why would someone buy it twice to keep it for himself don't you think so. Just an opinion from someone that has a same game twice and can not give one to his less fortunate friend. That is one of the things that drives me away from origin to steam just to say. What I own should be mine and not yours... I paid for it, I should be able to give it to friend if I want to, just like a used car, computer and every other **bleep** I own.

Sorry if I am bursting your bubble, but there are plenty of ways to deactivate the key from my account to activate it on my friends account and no one should tell me I can not do that (because we are to lazy or greedy) to do it your friend have to buy the game and you are stuck with 2.

Message 9 of 49 (171,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
It's not surprising that they won't let you transfer games even if you have 2 copies. never buy a game from EA unless you absolutely must. Buying games on origin is basically paying for the license to install it so it's not actually your game. They can disable your account for whatever reason they want and you'll lose all your games. Such a crappy business.
Message 10 of 49 (159,899 Views)