Re: Can't purchase anything! [ref. #10048]

by G4nymede

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't purchase anything! [ref. #10048]

★★★★ Novice

I have tried 3 different types of payment method, Paypal, IDEAL and Credit Card.
I have tried to pay through Origin, Chrome and Mozilla
I have cleared the cache of Origin as suggested on this forum.

No matter what I seem to do I get this message:

We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048]

For video games I was able to purchase them through key websites, but now I want origin access premier and I simply cannot purchase it Frown
I'm 100% sure this isn't an error on my part, as my encounter with customer service showed that my account shows that it's an US account, while I live in The Netherlands.
I don't know how I could ever have registered as an US account, and in my account details it shows my region as "Netherlands", but if support says it is, then it must be true.
Please, someone fix this, it shouldn't be difficult to do?

Message 1 of 5 (742 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hello! I unfortunately had bad luck with CS yesterday (though I'm sure they tried their best and meant well), today was a much better encounter!

It turns out it's due to my IP address, and I had success purchasing through my phone when not connected to WIFI.
Nowhere on the forums I've seen this solution, so I hope it can help someone else.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (675 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@G4nymede Last time I was able to purchase anything was on 11/22/2018
Message 2 of 5 (739 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @G4nymede for billing issues such as this the best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (679 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello! I unfortunately had bad luck with CS yesterday (though I'm sure they tried their best and meant well), today was a much better encounter!

It turns out it's due to my IP address, and I had success purchasing through my phone when not connected to WIFI.
Nowhere on the forums I've seen this solution, so I hope it can help someone else.

Message 4 of 5 (676 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted  @G4nymede.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (636 Views)