Re: Can't purchase anything on Origin Store

by Cinefear

Original Post

★ Novice

I have this problem too,  But with the Steam I had not such problem like this. The Steam is more stable, and problemfree, the payment working well always. C'mon EA do something!

Message 191 of 271 (1,959 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay solution, my solution of having EA shifting your stuff over to a secondary account seems to be a flop. But if you have a crushing need to buy a new game, it might be a workaround.

Message 192 of 271 (1,931 Views)

★ Novice

Thought i was only one having this problem. Someone tried to buy FIFA 15 2 weeks ago and now I can't use any of my CC or paypal to purchase. Talked on phone a week ago with a rep and she said 5 business days to fix my account. No dice. Called again and was told that it would be working by 1 PM central time. that was 7 hours ago Confusedmileyfrustrated: on bright side they gave me a promo code to use on my game.

Message 193 of 271 (1,922 Views)

★ Apprentice

I addressed to the support chat three times and waited for a total of more than two weeks (from 28 dec). 

On the second time they recorded the data of my card and my account. They promised to send a reply with solution to my e-mail. But I've been waiting more than 10 days and nothing.  I asked for the third time with a request to check the status. They were asked to wait more, saying that too many cases in tech support, this problem are global. The next day I received e-mail with asking me to confirm the existence of the problem. I confirmed. And two days later was able to properly use PayPal.

Message 194 of 271 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the EXACT same issue. Someone in sweden used my account to buy FIFA 15 and now none of my credit cards work.

Message 195 of 271 (1,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same problem. Someone in Australia tried to buy FIFA '15 with my account. Got a call from my bank, cancelled my debit card and got a new one. Now I can't buy anything. Even tried using a different card.

Message 196 of 271 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Novice

In the same boat as the above poster. Had someone buy Fifa 15 on my account (which was refunded) and now I can't buy anything through Origin or the Bioware page (trying to buy Bioware points).

EA rep said to check with my bank/card issuer but the cards tried work fine elsewhere.

Done wasting time on a problem that was caused through no fault of my own. 

Message 197 of 271 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem!!

I've been trying to buy two games on Origin and it won't let me. It won't take my credit card or let me use Paypal. I talked to someone on the live chat and he told me to clear my cache and restart my computer. I did that, it didn't work.

Then I was told by another person to unload and reload origin, Did that, it didn't work.

Then I was told to delete my credit card and reenter it. Tried to, but it won't 'verify' my card.

I talked to another person who said they'd send me an email and that he'd make it a 'high priority'. No word yet.

I contacted my bank and paypal and the problem isn't from thier side. This is all Origin. Now I can't even play the games I DO have in my library except for Bejewled. This is bull and I'm starting to get sick or Origin and it's many problems.

Message 198 of 271 (1,823 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am still trying to comprehend the reasoning here, we have people  who want to give EA money for stuff. EA don't want the money, how daft can it get?

Message 199 of 271 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ Rintaria I went through the same procedure, also went much further ...

I work for the German international company in my country and Im 34 years old. The first time I reported here 12-26-2014 07:29 AM.

From then until now I have contacted EA help three times, but it is like I talking to a robot or something...People that arise or report to us only ask questions, do not read what I or You write, so I think that they only collect some information which they will processed later and it is very-very disappointing.

Due to Christmas was a big rush for everyone to buy cheap game or games, so the "system" was overloaded.  Origins system has protection, some sort of the firewall ( I do not know what is real name for this firewall ). System protection or firewall is responsible for verification of payment with credit cards and protecting against illegal abuse. If firewall do not receive valid verification and authorization of your credit card, he will send info to both sides ; Origin and your Bank. In this process, only for that info, (firewall) he makes a reservation for both sides.

Reservation means two things ;

- First that I wanted to buy the game and I give a guarantee in a minimum amount of money ( in this case 1 USD per reservation), but these funds can be returned or will be counted in total amount of money,

- Second, the seller who could not charge his services or product give guarantee to the agreed delivery and entitled to the payment of money from reservations if everything was just a joke or simply return the money. In this case, problem solving.

Reservation period depends, in most cases it depends from your Bank. In my case it is 30 days (from 23.12.2014.  to 23.01.2015.). In this period of time, Origin and only Origin can at any time cancel the reservation, but they didn't ... it is OK for me...

Now Standard smile , your or my credit card also have its own protection-firewall. Therefore I cant use my credit card anywhere* (just for online shopping, international transactions etc ), Steam for example ;

Because of this, I went to my bank. It was not easy, I do not have free time because I have a job. My bank advisor explained to me everything. So my adviser in the bank temporarily remove the protection from my card and I bought the game through Steam :

Now, I cant use my credit card at ORIGIN until 2015/01/23, but I used the same card for an earlier purchase at ORIGIN and everything went without problems.

This is the answer I received to my mail 01/13/2015 :
I will now send your case to our Financial Department, so they will look into your case for you and will be in contact as soon as they have any update on this.

My game now costs 30 Euros, but in December was 15 euros.

So, how much do I pay after January 23 ? Standard smile
Message 200 of 271 (1,781 Views)