Can't pause download while playing

by rodromon28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't pause download while playing

★★★ Newbie

I'm downloading apex legends with a slow connection, the game let me play it after reaching 39% of the download but its unplayable because most of the connection is used in the download instead of the game.

My idea is to pause the download while playing and resume it while im sleeping but the download ignores the "dont download while game is open" config, i guess due to the game no being actually fully downloaded so, is there any way to pause it?

Message 1 of 8 (9,415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't pause download while playing

Community Manager

Sorry to say @rodromon28 but it would not be possible to pause the download and play the game at the same time. Best thing to do is just let it finish downloading before playing the game.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (9,332 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @rodromon28 but it would not be possible to pause the download and play the game at the same time. Best thing to do is just let it finish downloading before playing the game.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (9,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes you can just launch apex and wait till servers show up then turn off ur net wait 5 to 6 mins and until it deos error cant download u reconnect and play ps4

Message 3 of 8 (7,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes you can just launch apex and wait till servers show up then turn off ur net wait 5 to 6 mins and until it deos error cant download u reconnect and play ps4 

Message 4 of 8 (7,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darkoso, the Download restrictions on application setting is useless. am i wrong?

Message 5 of 8 (6,808 Views)

★ Novice

Do you realise how * it is to offer a functionnality that's supposed to pause the download, and allows you to play without all texture, while at the same time sucks up your connection anyway and make the game unplayable ?

Message 6 of 8 (6,517 Views)

★ Novice

It is insane that this is still a problem. What is even the point of having a setting in origin to limit download speed if it does nothing

Message 7 of 8 (4,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has to be the worst, most ludicrously hair pulling accepted answers in history. 

It's 10/01/2022 and I'M STILL FACING THIS PROBLEM.

Not only this problem. The Origin client is happy to pause the download while I'm _NOT PLAYING_ ... but when I actually go into the game (at 92% download mind you) it will CONTINUE TO DOWNLOAD WITH THE PAUSE OPTION BEING GREYED OUT.

Are you serious? This problem, from the origin post (which I can also select 'no download while playing' but oops, that's still buggered even though being an option forever and the - let me point out, ACCEPTED ANSWER, is "Best thing to do is just let it finish downloading before playing the game" - Darko - is still not fixed three years later; This is the most ludicrous 'accepted' answer to a common problem - that I have ever come across.

It's Jan2022 now, another month and this is the posted, and now accepted, answer for three years. THE DOWNLOAD PAUSES WHEN I'M NOT PLAYING BUT WHEN I _WANT_ TO PLAY THE OPTION TO DOWNLOAD IS GREYED OUT/NOT AVAILABLE/NOT POSSIBLE/DOWNLOADS ON IT'S OWN/INFURIATING BEYOND BELIEF.

Who's the ringleader of this circus? Seriously? How can something so backwards be in place for this long. Surely the dev of the client would have knowledge of what the client has loaded/packets sent occurrence/WHEN SOMEONE IS IN A GAME and be able to throttle the download AS PER THE OPTION YOU'VE PROVIDED. Seriously!

I'm dumbfounded, honestly. I don't think my rant will achieve sudden turn around in awareness, but perhaps someone else may feel the same frustration, and instead of writing something more pleasant, something less to the point, or even nothing at all... might find their inner monolog expressed through this post instead. 

GET YOU'RE ACT TOGETHER GUYS, for crying out loud. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,563 Views)