Re: Can't log in to my EA account. Account is registed with old, inactive email.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Re: Can't log in to my EA account. Account is registed with old, inactive email.

★★ Novice

EAs support on this common issue is HORRIBLE.  I keep opening case, then they just close or show as resolved, and the game log in screen still shows an old email.  And you cant get ahold of anyone to fix this, they just direct you to fill out new case form that cycles around to resolved or closed with nothing changing.  

Message 21 of 27 (4,020 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gopatsceltics if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 22 of 27 (3,994 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko That is such a ridiculous reply. This HAPPENS to people, either through an old work email or other circumstances. They’re also talking about how EA is near impossible to contact and absolutely useless with replying or providing the information that WE need to access OUR accounts. Why would someone go through the absolute hell it is to contact you to get into someone else’s EA? Just help your community for Christ’s sake.
Message 23 of 27 (3,731 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JeremyKnoxville I have posted the best solution to this issue in my post above. I understand that you are frustrated but if you are unable to access an account then the account recovery form is the only way we can assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 24 of 27 (3,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is also happening to me, I've been trying for 13 days with no avail despite the countless information I have to prove I own the account. So I've been doing a little research and I found in the legal terms a section about informal negotiations (Section 15 B). It lists an address where you can send a notice of dispute. I suggest you look into it, maybe writing them will get a better response. I have yet to give up on trying to get my games back because I have so much time and money into them. Good luck to you with this issue.

Message 25 of 27 (3,618 Views)

★★ Novice

This is absolutely a real problem with EA. I also have no access to the email address I used to sign up. It gets even better, the email address I have, has an EA domain!! They explained to me I'd have to be an EA Employee to have this email domain lol! Which I'm not so they made the error and refuse to fix it. I've filled the forms in many times with every detail and no success.. EA are AWFUL and legalised thieves and scum! Take our money but won't help us get our account back. 

Message 26 of 27 (3,418 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I am locking this thread as the first post is 8 years old.

If you are having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 27 of 27 (3,362 Views)