Can't link my Xbox account to my EA account?

by Psychobells

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't link my Xbox account to my EA account?

★★★ Newbie

I redeemed the Apex Legends Twitch Prime loot and am trying to connect my two accounts to get it, but I can't figure out how to.  I've played several EA games with my Xbox account and had no issues, but on my EA account information it says there's no linked accounts.  I found a help page saying to simply login to an EA game using my Xbox account as it shares the same email address as my EA account, but I've tried logging into several EA games and it still isn't linked.  I also tried finding out how to contact support, but the only options were for games and not things like accounts, so I'm asking here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 10 (1,543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't link my Xbox account to my EA account?

Community Manager

Hey @Psychobells if the error you are seeing is that there is no linked account then this would mean that the email you use for your EA account is different to the one you use for your Xbox account.

If it is a case that you do not know the correct account or do not have access to it then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,258 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

on a phone or computer, go to the ea sign-in page, but scroll down and log in via microsoft xbox instead. that'll link the accounts.

Too bad EA is a terrible * company. Search "ea is the biggest * joke" and see if you can find my post. STILL have not had an appropriate resolution, and now i can't even access the damn game.

Message 2 of 10 (1,492 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Psychobells if the error you are seeing is that there is no linked account then this would mean that the email you use for your EA account is different to the one you use for your Xbox account.

If it is a case that you do not know the correct account or do not have access to it then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (1,259 Views)

★★ Novice

I will def have to agree with you, I will never purchase another EA game. I have never seen a company take the most simple parts of E-life, and make them so convoluted that the user ultimately gives up and doesn't support their products anymore.

Message 4 of 10 (1,168 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @beans-cabbage 

I'm really sorry for the frustration. Definitely hate to see that happen. Can you give me some details on what your issue is? I'll do my best to help out with that. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,130 Views)

★★ Novice

well, I bought BF 5 on disk, installed it on my xbox, used my xbox profile to register it, and my xbox user name which is tedo939, well when I open Origin on my pc battlefield is no where to be found in my library, I've checked filters, so I read that I needed to link my xbox gamer tag and my ea origin account, I went to EA login, looked for option to login with xbox credentials, didn't find it, I logged into my account normally, went to my profile, there are no linked accounts and no options to link an account, I can't see any of my friends list when they are online and playing BF, I added a new friend which was a hassle, they added me and even when we are both online we can not see one another, and profile is set to appear online, this is crazy

Message 6 of 10 (1,101 Views)

Community Manager

@beans-cabbage 

Are you trying to play Battlefield V on your PC after buying the Xbox version?

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 10 (1,094 Views)

★★ Novice

No, just trying to play with some friends, I can't find any of their usernames even when searching with their email address, and they can't find my profile information neither.

Message 8 of 10 (969 Views)

Community Manager

You should be able to hit RT from the main menu in Battlefield V to create a squad and invite your friends. Have you tried that?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 10 (938 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko doesnt work only pulls up games
Message 10 of 10 (788 Views)