Re: Can't launch because I get the origin not installed error

by EA_David

Original Post

Can't launch because I get the origin not installed error

★★★ Newbie

http://i.imgur.com/UqZEWnU.png

I'm currently using chrome, but this error also appears in IE

Origin is not installed on my C drive, but on another one. I'm guessing that's the problem, but idk how to fix that. This also happened during the B4 beta, so I was not able to play that. 

Message 1 of 3 (3,262 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

You can reinstall Origin to your C drive without uninstalling your games, and it should resolve the issue. If your games are installed to anywhere but the default you may need to adjust the install path location in Origin, but otherwise it should just work. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (3,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

adjust the install path in origin? as in NOT install my games on another drive? No, absolutely not. Uplay and Steam both allow me to install games on my 3tb and they play wonderfully. Hell, even Origin does. Except only when I try to play battlefield betas. I'm not going to install a game on my boot drive. If I have mistaken your reply, then I apologize. But the way you've typed it seems as to if you want me to install game where I do not want to install them. But first, it's ridiclious that I have to install this program twice, just because the website doesn't give me the option to adjust where it reads the game on my drives. 

Message 3 of 3 (3,229 Views)