Re: Can't launch Nox

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't launch Nox

★ Novice

When I press play in the origin client, and then I get a prompt asking if I want to allow NOX.exe to make changes to my computer, I've tried both yes and no. After that, nothing happens, I can't even find a process in task manager! I have tried repairing and reinstalling the game. Please help.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700

GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

RAM: 16GB DDR4

Message 1 of 12 (25,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Alright, I think I really got it fixed this time @SeanDaTroopa  !

I tried it again today. And the game didn't work despite it working yesterday. I have no idea how and/or why it worked for me last time but not today but I assume it's due to magic. So I have now spent hours to make it to work and finally I got it to work. So here's my solution.

Go back to the game's folder and find both Nox.exe and Game.exe. Right click them, choose Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. From there, untick everything from there that is automatically ticked on for both of the executable so that the settings look something like this, then hit Apply, and OK :

Now go to your Origin, My Game Library, Left-click on Nox and choose Settings (That cogwheel-looking like icon) and choose Game Properties. From there , untick "Enable Origin In Game for Nox" and click Save.

This makes the game run. But. If you aren't more lucky than I am, your screen will flicker right at the beginning and makes the game unplayable. So what's next ?

Download this : http://corner.noxcommunity.com/NoxSolution.zip (From this thread : http://www.noxcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1367)

It is a GUI with inbuilt fixes by the community. Unpack this file into your NOX installation folder and you should have NoxSolution.exe there. Right click on to this and run it as an administrator and follow the guidance of the program to install it through.

This should make the game work for you finally. It did for me. Let's really, really hope for the best this time around !

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (29,092 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @SeanDaTroopa

Please make a shortcut on your desktop page. This is how to do it:

1. go to the file with following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\NOX\Game.exe
  2. Right click on Game.exe
  3. Select "make shortcut"
  4. Cut and paste the new shorcut to your desktop page
  5. Now, make sure Origin is opened
  6. Right click on the game.exe shortcut on your desktop page and choose: "run as administrator"

The game should launch now

Please let us know the result.

Message 2 of 12 (25,797 Views)

★ Novice

No success. One thing to note is that it puts origin in focus when I attempt launching it.

Message 3 of 12 (25,794 Views)

OK, @SeanDaTroopa

Close origin and launch it again by right clicking on it and choose: "run as administrator", do the same for the NOX game.

Does it work now?

Message 4 of 12 (25,789 Views)

★ Novice

Didn't work

Message 5 of 12 (25,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Helloes @SeanDaTroopa !

I installed the game myself on Windows 10 and managed to replicate your problem. Indeed, with normal settings the game did not launch at all nor did it give any error when doing so.

And here is how I managed to fix it :

- Go to where the game is installed at as advised earlier by @DarkBanishing

- You will find there NOX.exe . Right click that and choose "Properties" .

- Go to "Compatibility"

- You will notice that this executable is set to Windows 98/ME compatibility mode by default. Disable this by unticking the box at "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" , press "Apply" , and "OK" .

- Try launching the game by either launching the NOX.exe manually from that folder , or by launching it through Origin.

I hope this would fix the problem for you as well. Got myself at least ingame this way and the game seemed to work fine as intended.

Good luck !

Message 6 of 12 (25,742 Views)

What @RedFoxxie proposes is indeed the next logical step to take. Funny thing is my NOX game runs on Windows 10 without the "compatibility mode" enabled. Wondering

Message 7 of 12 (25,728 Views)

★ Novice

Still not working... Devil

Message 8 of 12 (25,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Alright, I think I really got it fixed this time @SeanDaTroopa  !

I tried it again today. And the game didn't work despite it working yesterday. I have no idea how and/or why it worked for me last time but not today but I assume it's due to magic. So I have now spent hours to make it to work and finally I got it to work. So here's my solution.

Go back to the game's folder and find both Nox.exe and Game.exe. Right click them, choose Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. From there, untick everything from there that is automatically ticked on for both of the executable so that the settings look something like this, then hit Apply, and OK :

Now go to your Origin, My Game Library, Left-click on Nox and choose Settings (That cogwheel-looking like icon) and choose Game Properties. From there , untick "Enable Origin In Game for Nox" and click Save.

This makes the game run. But. If you aren't more lucky than I am, your screen will flicker right at the beginning and makes the game unplayable. So what's next ?

Download this : http://corner.noxcommunity.com/NoxSolution.zip (From this thread : http://www.noxcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1367)

It is a GUI with inbuilt fixes by the community. Unpack this file into your NOX installation folder and you should have NoxSolution.exe there. Right click on to this and run it as an administrator and follow the guidance of the program to install it through.

This should make the game work for you finally. It did for me. Let's really, really hope for the best this time around !

Message 9 of 12 (29,093 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Tried all those past ideas, including the last one, unchecking all boxes and so... still nothing happens...

Message 10 of 12 (25,571 Views)