Re: Can't install Origin

by NamelessHenchman

Original Post

★★ Guide

This was the result of an Origin Update. Happens all the time. Seems Origin can never update itself smoothly........

I couldn't delete the Origin folder as described in this troubleshooting link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/

as it was asking for Admin privileges? (I am the Admin)

I had to boot Win 7 into safe mode to delete it

Then I could reinstall it

hope this helps someone Angel

Message 11 of 25 (4,658 Views)

★ Novice

I too had tried many many things, downloading registry cleaners, safe boot install with networking etc etc with no joy, error 16:-1 and the woops message

but I tried the 

HOW TO UNINSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT THE HARD WAY 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/#hard-way

and followed the instructions carefully....AND IT WORKED!!!!

Message 12 of 25 (4,422 Views)

★ Novice

now you get the solve?

Message 13 of 25 (4,008 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kanakytee
Message 14 of 25 (3,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried all the advice from you, but i after i do that, this what happened in my pc

"The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application".

That's so weird for me. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks.

Message 15 of 25 (3,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Andybeck182 mine problem solved with a simple exeption on my avg antivirus guys it was so simple add on your exeptions the setup of the origin and BOopsm problem solved
Message 16 of 25 (3,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@oicurageologist I hear you. This is absolutely brutal.
Message 17 of 25 (3,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Am I one of the few people that think that Origin is a really tedious thing to reinstall? I understand they have updates quite a bit, but most don't have these issues.

Message 18 of 25 (3,329 Views)

★★ Novice

I was struggling this problem, I have tried everything, but then I found that Origin app is NOT COMPATIBLE with newest Adrenalin app from AMD. I uninstalled it and then the origin installer works as expected. Glad I can play my games again!

Message 19 of 25 (3,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

@harisrozak wrote:

I was struggling this problem, I have tried everything, but then I found that Origin app is NOT COMPATIBLE with newest Adrenalin app from AMD. I uninstalled it and then the origin installer works as expected. Glad I can play my games again!

OMG. THIS HELPED ME SO MUCH!

I had exactly the same problem. I don't play PC games that often, only The Sims so I haven't used Origin in 3 months. In the meantime I must have had the AMD Adrenaline update installed. Today I tried to run the sims but my Origin crashed with an error message so I thought I would uninstall Origin, CClean everything and install it back again. But guess what, it didn't work. The app closed immediately after double clicking it. I wouldn't even know if it was on if it didn't quickly flash in my Processes.

I don't understand how hugely popular pieces of software can be incompatible with each other.

Your information saved me the frustration I've started to have. Thank you, thank you, thank you <3

More people should learn about it.

Message 20 of 25 (3,139 Views)