Re: Complaint to wrong website

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Can't get Origin or Sim City to work

★★★ Newbie

Origin app on PC will not open....cant figure out why. Trying to play Sim City but can't unless I connect through Origin. I know its pretty broad but any input?

Message 1 of 4 (220 Views)

Re: Can't get Origin or Sim City to work

EA Staff

Could you please try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-won-t-open/m-p/2339015#M47010

Message 2 of 4 (215 Views)

Re: Can't get Origin or Sim City to work

★★★ Newbie

None of the "solutions" worked for me either. I just purchased this today, have Windows 7, 8 gb of ram, a quad core phenom processor, installed "Origin", then Sim City. Set up the account??? (to my chagrin, wanted to play the newest version of Sim City-had I known it really WAS an internet based application, I probably would've just saved my $30 and bought Cities XXL via Steam, but the guy at the store said it wasn't). Adjusted my antivirus/firewall settings, nothing. According to my task manager (launched when nothing happened) the Origin application itself is using MORE system resources than the actual game should? Can't seem to kill either of them. What a waste, going back to the store tomorrow and I'm going to post reviews like crazy warning people about this. 

Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: Complaint to wrong website

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are complaining on a gamers' community self-help website.  None of the CMs are here weekends, so you only get answers from gamers.  Customer Support is on Help Center, and on Sundays, there are maybe a couple of Game Advisers per office, total.  So wait times are frequently two hours to three hours. 

You gave us inadequate information, for instance, the game requires a GAMING PC, not some ordinary little average laptop.  That is on the packaging.  You would only have had a limited time to obtain a refund, were this a purchase from Origin.  At whatever store you bought it, tell them that a salesman lied to you, identify the miscreant, and don't buy any more games.  All of them are ending this way (digital everything) now. 

Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)