Re: Can't download origin due to problem '0xc00007b'

by Ellalouise14

Original Post

Can't download origin due to problem '0xc00007b'

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've had the SIMS 4 on my old laptop for a year or 2 now and i had to get a new laptop as my old one broke, but now when i try to download origin on my new laptop ( which is a LENOVA) it won't download. At first i was get the error note of 'MSVCP140.dll' but i was able to resolve that through research, however i was also getting '0xc00007b' and i can't seem to fix it. I've tried everything i could find online about it but nothing was fixing the problem. Please someone help me.

Message 1 of 5 (548 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @Ellalouise14 ,

I would reference this thread when trying to find a solution and recommend trying anything you haven't on there. 

Also the most popular fix that seems to work for everyone who is having this issue is by installing VC_Redistinstaller.exe

I hope you find your fix!

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-Rare

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, i'm having a real problem with trying to download VC_Redistinstaller.exe. I click on the download button and nothing happens. Got any ideas on how i can install it a diffrent way? 

Thanks a bunch, Ella.

Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello there @Ellalouise14 

Once the site is open, click "Free Download" its a dark blue button right next to Review. Then when the little pop up opens, Click: Softpedia Secure Download (US). The download should start happening in 5-10 seconds on its own.

I hope this helps.

Happy Gaming and Stay Safe!

-Rare

PM me if you are still having issues.

Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)

★★ Novice
@The_other_Rare Ah thank you for the suggestion, i did try it out and it did download but sadly i'm still getting the issue (0xc0007b)

Thank's for the help.
Ella
Message 5 of 5 (426 Views)