Can’t download games from origin

by Rad1673

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t download games from origin

★ Novice

Hi, this has been a problem for a while now and I’ve tried all the advice I’ve found online several times but nothing seems to work.

when I went to update my sims 4 (I needed legacy as well) it just wouldn’t up date. I’ve never had this problem before and I didn’t know what to do so I uninstalled the game (that usually solves my bugs) and tried to download it again, only I can’t. An error pops up saying I need to allow origin to make changes but I’m never prompted to make these changes.

Origin has fire wall access, I’ve tried with my UAC set on AND off, I run as administrator, and I’ve uninstalled and re-installed origin more times than I can count. I’ve tried everything to help fix it but no games at all will download.
I can download games on my other computer ( so I know it’s a problem with my computer) but it is too old and small to run any of them. Is there anything else I can do?

I’m really starting to get desperate.

Message 1 of 6 (1,209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t download games from origin

@Rad1673  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list of services to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service.  For each one, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply to save the change.  Then try to download again; you may need to restart your computer for it to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,175 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Rad1673, as it works on your other system, would point to the issue being system related.

Let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,190 Views)

@Rad1673  Hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list of services to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service.  For each one, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply to save the change.  Then try to download again; you may need to restart your computer for it to work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you this worked. I could cry happy tears right now. I've been trying to fix my game since November. You are the best. I can't thank you enough.

Message 4 of 6 (1,169 Views)

★★ Guide
@Rad1673 its damn hard to get help, nowaday...
Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)

★★ Guide
@Lucky_Melotje i still did NOT get help, for my problem...................
Message 6 of 6 (154 Views)