Re: Can’t contact EA

by warslag

Original Post

Can’t contact EA

★★ Novice

I am going round in circles trying to contact EA to ask why an app I paid for is no longer available. When I eventually get to the option that says the best thing is to call someone at EA, there is no number listed anywhere to use. Just nothing. I am in Switzerland which may be the problem (but if it is, EA could explain that and give an alternative). Does anyone have a number? The UK one would be fine for me for example. 

Message 1 of 8 (875 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Jalubesa 

The usual way of getting in touch with EA is through EA Help by creating a support ticket: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/

Did you already make a ticket, and if you did do you know what happened to it?

Also, can you give a bit more information about the app and the circumstances around it no longer being available? Wondering

Message 2 of 8 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I logged a ticket and got a ticket number. Then I got an email saying that I could contact them by following the link, which I did.  The link required me to register the problem again and gave me no option to talk to anyone and no phone number, even though the recommended solution they gave mec was to call them! I am basically asking for my money back. It seems they purposefully make that difficult. 

the problem is with the Scrabble Premium app which has disappeared and is no longer available on the App Store. I see others have the same problem. If I and friends can’t use it this week while on holiday we don’t want it at all. 

Message 3 of 8 (838 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jalubesa 

I've noticed there's already an ongoing thread on this topic in the Scrabble forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Scrabble/Scrabble-unavailable-in-Apple-IOS-app-store/m-p/8350820

I'll see if I can get your thread moved there.

Message 4 of 8 (819 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. You’ve been very kind and responsive. I am kind of beyond this Scrabble problem now. Just looking for a way to talk to a human to get my money back! 

Message 5 of 8 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there @Jalubesa,

I moved your message to the right section of the forum. Thank you @warslag for reporting that. 

Warslag was right, you're not the only with an issue with the game Scrabble, other players talk about that in the following conversation: Scrabble has disappeared from App Store.

Instead of having several conversation conversation concerning the same issue, I invite you to pursue our conversation concerning the disappearance of Scrabble in the App. Store in the previous conversation mentioned. 

Concerning your issues when you try to contact the support, which categories did you choose? Wondering

Thank you.

Charlie.png

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 6 of 8 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help but my question was never really about Scrabble, which is why I didn’t mention Scrabble in my original post or post my question in the other thread, which I saw and I see remains unanswered. It was about how to contact EA to ask for my money back.

I chose “Manage My Account” as the category, having tried all the other categories. This is the one category that suggested I call EA but did provide a number to do so. 

All that said, someone from EA, or maybe a bot, did just send me an email so I will follow that route and see if I get anywhere. My main issue is the difficulty of getting to a human being to talk to when all the online routes don’t answer your question. 

Message 7 of 8 (777 Views)

EA Staff

@Jalubesa Thank you for your message and the additional information you provided. 

Glad to read that you were able to contact our support and received an email from them. Hope the instructions provided will help you for your issue. 

If you still need support from our teams, here is the phone number that you can call from Switzerland : +44 203 014 1818. Depending on your location or network policies, telephone charges may apply. You may be charged when calling from a mobile phone.

Your feedback on how it's difficult to contact the support when the online routes don't answer your question was noted and I hope this one will help us to improve our services.

Have a nice day. 

Charlie.png

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 8 of 8 (760 Views)