Unable to change Origin ID due to word or character

by fysyx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't choose my account name

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I wanted to change my Origin ID but every time I put something in, it tells me "ID contains prohibited word or character". Eventually I got frustrated and I typed something random in and now it wont even let me go back to my old username, so now Im stuck with dfdssdfa. My old name was TheR0ttenBanana, and the name I want is Tarlanoc, but apparently that somehow offended someone. Anything I can do?

Edit: I am now positive there is something wrong with this thing. Just to test I tried changing the dfdssdfa to dfdssdfa1, and it said it contains a prohibited word or character 

Message 2 of 14 (26,288 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't choose my account name

EA DICE Team

@SimoH_1905

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that your ID can only be changed once every 72 hours. Once the 72 hours have passed, you can go about changing it again.

Thank you,

View in thread

Message 10 of 14 (26,065 Views)

All Replies

Unable to change Origin ID due to word or character

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I just got off the phone with EA support and recovered my account after it was hacked. The ID has been changed to mo7amed131 from the original name. Any attempt to change the ID brings the "ID contains prohibited word or character." I have tried variations on the same ID as well as completely different IDs. EA Support logged into my account to change it for me, but they experienced the same bug. Even changing the name to mo7amed1317, which is not taken, says the same thing. They closed the ticket and suggested I post here when they couldn't change it either. Thanks!

Message 1 of 14 (26,284 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know it says my name is TheR0ttenBanana on this support page but on Origin its still dfdssdfa

Message 3 of 14 (26,278 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @Tarlanoc and @fysyx,

Merged your 2 threads together as you seem to have similar issues Standard smile

@fysyx Could you please try changing your name to something completely different? For example, try Balroggan (random name I just typed in that didn't give an error)? The name changing may be slightly buggy - if you enter a name that is inappropriate or taken, then delete the name and put in a new one, you still see the error. Closing the page and trying again seems to force a refresh/recheck on the name.

@Tarlanoc I am afraid the name you want is already take. Also, your old name may still be cached in the system so it may take a while to free up again. I would recommend choosing a completely different ID for now, but do keep in mind there are millions of accounts out there Standard smile

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 4 of 14 (26,259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I took that name with my other account till the issue is solved to hold it but I tried switching to a random name and it still didnt work (I just put in a series of letters and numbers)

Message 5 of 14 (26,217 Views)

Can't Change My Origin ID

★ Novice

When ever i try to change my ID i get ID contains a Prohibited Word of character, even when i entered my previous username ( it has not been taken).

It is really frustrating not being able to change my ID for some weird bug or something. Please inform me of any solutions or anything.

Message 6 of 14 (26,191 Views)

Can't change my Origin ID

★★ Novice

I want to change my Origin ID but whenever I try to save an ID, the error message "ID contains a prohibited word or character" or "ID has already been registered" pops up.

So I tried using 30+ different random IDs (like 12sdgdedgfsr1233,ghkfdeu312,....etc) but still no luck. 

Is this an error or am I just extremely unlucky?

Message 7 of 14 (26,195 Views)

name

★★★ Newbie

yesterday i tried to change my name but almost nothing worked so i tried to change the end of my name to something random and it worked but i don't want my account to be named this and everytime i try and change the name on my profile it says "id contains prohibited word or letter" i can't even use numbers in my name without that popping up and it's not exlusive to numbers i can write the most random * ever and it's still not allowed FIX YOUR * EA

Message 8 of 14 (26,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can't change my name to ANYTHING. Always error.

Message 9 of 14 (26,079 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SimoH_1905

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that your ID can only be changed once every 72 hours. Once the 72 hours have passed, you can go about changing it again.

Thank you,

Message 10 of 14 (26,066 Views)