Can't change security question

by abc640311151

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change security question

★★★ Newbie

My security question is changed to something in russian, my account id is changed as well as my date of birth for some reason.

And yet there isn't a way for me to contact support from my country. I understand there should be a way to contact via chat or email, but I don't seem to get to pick any options besides call me, which isn't possible.

I got my password back through password recovery, but everything else on my account is limited behind a damn security question I can't even understand.

Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't change security question

Hero

@abc640311151 Your account was hacked at some point, it seems we had a rash of those recently.

You will need to open a hacked account ticket, which you can do here. Make sure you set your country using the menu in the upper left corner so the relevant options are shown for your region. Account issues often have to be handled by phone, unfortunately. This is for security reasons. If you don't live in a region where the phone is an option, it is possible to call EA using a VOIP program such as Skype, which would most likely be cheaper than making an international call from a landline/mobile. If you need to do that, it's recommend you choose the US or the UK (again, choose the country using the menu in the upper left corner), but you can't use the 'call back' option, you have to make the call.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't change security question

Hero

@abc640311151 Your account was hacked at some point, it seems we had a rash of those recently.

You will need to open a hacked account ticket, which you can do here. Make sure you set your country using the menu in the upper left corner so the relevant options are shown for your region. Account issues often have to be handled by phone, unfortunately. This is for security reasons. If you don't live in a region where the phone is an option, it is possible to call EA using a VOIP program such as Skype, which would most likely be cheaper than making an international call from a landline/mobile. If you need to do that, it's recommend you choose the US or the UK (again, choose the country using the menu in the upper left corner), but you can't use the 'call back' option, you have to make the call.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)