Re: Can't change email address in Origin

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

Can't change email address in Origin

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am trying to change the email address in my daughters Origin account so the account can be verified but when I try and remove the following  email address

"[edit: email address removed]" 

And put in her one it won't let me save it .

We had issues a few months back with logging into both my own and my daughters Origin accounts and had to contact support and while they fixed the problem then, it would seem this may have caused this issue .

Thank you,

Mark

Message 1 of 3 (1,735 Views)

Community Manager

Is there any error message popping up, something like "Invalid email address"? This would indicate that the email address is alread in use on another account or that there was simply a typo and it's not in a proper format. 

Maybe try a different email address, if available, or I would recommend getting in contact with a Game Advisor again who will be able to assist you further with this. 

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"

3 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"

4 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions" again.

5 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.

6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country or time of day.

Message 2 of 3 (1,726 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine won't let me change my email address because it says it's invalid and I've tried two emails, neither of which I've used before in an Origin account. I've just been going in circles and EA help just keeps redirecting me to the same page, I don't have time to call but I could email or chat. Is there a simple solution or reason for why I can't change my email address?

Message 3 of 3 (490 Views)