Re: Can't change e-mail from origin account settings! HELP!

by MLadyD7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change e-mail from origin account settings! HELP!

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I cant make any sense of your instructions to change my e-mail address it is very frustrating - please help.  I have tried to follow this but to no avail :-(

"To update your email address, just contact us and select Origin as your Product, Account Management as your Category, your respective platform--if you don't know what to put here, PC is a good choice, as the Origin Client is accessible through your PC--and one of our advisors will be able to quickly help you with your change." from which specific URL...??

I have installed origin in the vague hope that might lead me through, again to no avail, seriously not good enough :-( all sites offer such basic functionality including "Steam"....

Message 1 of 11 (43,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

"Invalid email" usually means that the email address is already in use. Maybe there's already another second account with your email address, and since you've access to that email address, try resetting the password via the link below the password field at the log in screen.

If you require further assistance, please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us since this will require account ownership verification. 

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"

3 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"

4 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions" again.

5 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.

6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country or time of day.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (46,084 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

[HOW TO] Change email address 

Click on the above link for info!

--------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
►►► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! ◄◄◄

Message 2 of 11 (42,978 Views)

★★★ Novice

This doesn't work. I keep getting an error that says "Invalid Email" when my e-mail is most definitely valid.

Message 3 of 11 (42,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem with the "Invalid Email", can this be fixed please?

Message 4 of 11 (42,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

"Invalid email" usually means that the email address is already in use. Maybe there's already another second account with your email address, and since you've access to that email address, try resetting the password via the link below the password field at the log in screen.

If you require further assistance, please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us since this will require account ownership verification. 

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"

3 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"

4 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions" again.

5 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.

6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country or time of day.

Message 5 of 11 (46,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The link to contact EA does not work.  Its locked up.   Also, the Edit button to change the email address does not work under personal information. 

Basically, there is no way to fix the problem or get help.

Message 6 of 11 (38,996 Views)

EA Staff

The link above should work, what exactly happens when you try it?

Message 7 of 11 (38,979 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. Can you help me? I was trying to change my email, but when I push "SAVE" button it just doesn't react. Just nothing happens. That problem pursues me about 2 months. 

Message 8 of 11 (36,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. They still have not fixed this.

Message 9 of 11 (29,141 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @FrozenSnowberry,

Sorry for the late reply.

Does the same issue happen after clearing your browser cookies and cache? Using a different browser could help as well.

If the issue remains, please contact our support via chat or phone call:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select Origin.
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.
EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 10 of 11 (29,104 Views)