Can't access old account

by jamclaur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't access old account

★★★ Newbie

I created an EA account with an email address I no longer have access to.  I can't remember the password, and without the old email I can't log in, change the password, or use my account for any of my games.

Message 1 of 20 (8,420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access old account

EA Staff

Hello @kattrino20,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost access to your account.

Please contact an Advisor and they will do their best to find and help you recover the account:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select Origin
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

- Kristi

View in thread

Message 5 of 20 (8,410 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I tried just making a new account to connect to my PSN ID but I can't. The Origin account settings tells me that the PSN ID is already attached to another Origin account.

Message 2 of 20 (8,393 Views)

EA Staff

Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 3 of 20 (8,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but i cant find my game

Message 4 of 20 (8,012 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @kattrino20,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost access to your account.

Please contact an Advisor and they will do their best to find and help you recover the account:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select Origin
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue.
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

- Kristi

Message 5 of 20 (8,411 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't access the email linked to my old account and I followed the steps but the chat doesn´t work and im not from the US or Canada so I can't access the phone call. The only game I have in that account is The Sims 3 Id like to recover that.

Message 6 of 20 (7,581 Views)

Community Manager

@LolaFonts This is not something that we can help you with on AHQ, you will need to speak with live support in order to gain access to your account. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 20 (7,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA is not helping me at all. I've filled 6 times for the same issue and keep recieving the same answer which is, sorry we cant help you. I've even uploaded pictures with my gamer tag on my xbox, pictures of my game the receipt. I've called xbox live and they cant help me and I've reached out to Yahoo and they even said that the email that's linked to my xbox doesnt even exist. I am so furious and upset that EA cant even give me a call.

Message 8 of 20 (6,531 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @XxscpterxX. If our account recovery team has advised you that it is not possible for them to grant you access to the account then I am sorry to say that there is nothing we can do on AHQ to change this. The only team who can assist with this issue is our account recovery team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 20 (6,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its ashamed that even with proof, they dont allow me access MY account. I've decided that I will advise all my friends and in all platforms of the experience I have had with EA and no longer will I ever purchase a EA Game. Thanks for nothing and I'm 100% positive that I'm not the first or last person with this issue. It absolutely makes no sence that these games do not allow you to input your username and are already prerogrammed... once again I will continue to stress the fact that even YAHOO stated that the email connected to my account is invalid and unrecognizable there for its EA fault for inputting the wrong email/username!!!!  

Message 10 of 20 (6,469 Views)