Can't access live chat and account is hacked!

by celesteastara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't access live chat and account is hacked!

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I got an email this evening from Origin saying that my email address had been changed. I created this account so that I can ask for help to get back my old one. I can't access live chat though! I have waited the "under 5 minutes" for an hour and it has been greyed out the whole time. I am using Google Chrome in the US. So then I tried it in Internet Explorer and Firefox. Both have been greyed out as well promising wait times of "5 - 10". (30 minutes ago)

really need your help. I am concerned about the possibility of someone being able to access how I paid for my games. Can they access my paypal or credit card or any other method I might have used to pay for games via Origin? How can I get this figured out? I kept trying to log in and it kept saying that my email address or password was incorrect. So then I started thinking that perhaps I had forgotten my password. So I did the whole "forgot my password" thing, hoping it would send it to the email address I entered. But alas, it did not and now when I try to login it says "email address invalid". So I probably just gave them the last nail to drive through the coffin they created for my account.

Please help? I am so frustrated. Should I be calling my bank?

Thank you kindly. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Solution!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well, I finally got it figured out. I had to go through a lot of searching and difficulties but here's the answer:

[Admin. Edit] Please contact support via this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Jon helped me and he was awesome. He promised to talk to his superior supervisor about the need for their phone number to be accessible on the website. 

In order to get this number though I had to do some serious digging. This is what I ended up doing that worked:

Went to the Help Center and instead of asking to get in touch with Origin I asked to get in touch with The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles (since that is the game I have) and lo and behold there was actually an option to talk with someone on the phone. But it wouldn't give me the phone number, it said I could give them mine and they would call me in about 5 minutes. It took them 55 minutes, but I finally did get some help and it is all resolved. Thank you Jon!

So, follow these steps (cause whoever answers can help)

• Go to:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=origin
  • Under Product choose: Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Adventure Pack
  • Under Category choose: Account/Registration
  • Under Platform choose: PC
  • Under Contact Method choose: Call Me (or email if you prefer)

--Then wait for the call (or email). Stay by the phone and be nice and calm when they answer so it can get taken care of quickly and easily. After all it's not this particular person's fault and honestly, the guy who helped me was really confused and concerned that I couldn't find a phone number on my own since they give it out to anyone they call back. And the calmer, more direct, and nicer you are then the easier it is for them to help you. And a lot the customer service people really want to help.  Anyway, enough of that.

--Explain that you got an email saying your email address had changed and that you didn't do that yourself.

--They'll need a code from a receipt of a game you have purchased in the past, so have that handy (should have gotten it in your email when you first purchased the game)

--They'll ask for a couple of security things related to your account to verify that it's you.

--They'll fix it in less than 5 minutes and send an email allowing you to change your password.

--Stay on the line and change the password to make sure that all is well and then try logging into a site that requires your login information like TheSims3.com

--Thank the kind person who made life so much easier! 

That's what I finally had to do after 2 hours of searching last night and again this morning and an email to EA careers asking for help which is totally the wrong department and I haven't received an anwer from yet (although that was this morning and the only reason I messaged them at all is because it was the only email address I could find on an EA website) and being incredibly frustrated and worried about my payment method accounts. I sincerely hope this helps someone and that Origin (and EA) put their customer service phone number on their website. I can't express how frustrating this process was to deal with until I got to talk to someone who genuinely wanted to help and had the tools so readily available to do so.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,030 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't access live chat and account is hacked!

★★★ Newbie

I should have also included the fact that I can't find a phone number anywhere either and I have tried using Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. I know you are supposed to be given options for how to contact the company via phone or online chat (and possibly email?) But where it offers options to contact the only one that shows is the online live chat and it is greyed out. 

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you kindly.

Message 2 of 3 (1,022 Views)

Solution!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well, I finally got it figured out. I had to go through a lot of searching and difficulties but here's the answer:

[Admin. Edit] Please contact support via this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Jon helped me and he was awesome. He promised to talk to his superior supervisor about the need for their phone number to be accessible on the website. 

In order to get this number though I had to do some serious digging. This is what I ended up doing that worked:

Went to the Help Center and instead of asking to get in touch with Origin I asked to get in touch with The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles (since that is the game I have) and lo and behold there was actually an option to talk with someone on the phone. But it wouldn't give me the phone number, it said I could give them mine and they would call me in about 5 minutes. It took them 55 minutes, but I finally did get some help and it is all resolved. Thank you Jon!

So, follow these steps (cause whoever answers can help)

• Go to:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us?product=origin
  • Under Product choose: Sims Medieval - Pirates and Nobles Adventure Pack
  • Under Category choose: Account/Registration
  • Under Platform choose: PC
  • Under Contact Method choose: Call Me (or email if you prefer)

--Then wait for the call (or email). Stay by the phone and be nice and calm when they answer so it can get taken care of quickly and easily. After all it's not this particular person's fault and honestly, the guy who helped me was really confused and concerned that I couldn't find a phone number on my own since they give it out to anyone they call back. And the calmer, more direct, and nicer you are then the easier it is for them to help you. And a lot the customer service people really want to help.  Anyway, enough of that.

--Explain that you got an email saying your email address had changed and that you didn't do that yourself.

--They'll need a code from a receipt of a game you have purchased in the past, so have that handy (should have gotten it in your email when you first purchased the game)

--They'll ask for a couple of security things related to your account to verify that it's you.

--They'll fix it in less than 5 minutes and send an email allowing you to change your password.

--Stay on the line and change the password to make sure that all is well and then try logging into a site that requires your login information like TheSims3.com

--Thank the kind person who made life so much easier! 

That's what I finally had to do after 2 hours of searching last night and again this morning and an email to EA careers asking for help which is totally the wrong department and I haven't received an anwer from yet (although that was this morning and the only reason I messaged them at all is because it was the only email address I could find on an EA website) and being incredibly frustrated and worried about my payment method accounts. I sincerely hope this helps someone and that Origin (and EA) put their customer service phone number on their website. I can't express how frustrating this process was to deal with until I got to talk to someone who genuinely wanted to help and had the tools so readily available to do so.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (1,031 Views)