Can't Unlink PSN ID

by AgnryFaic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Unlink PSN ID

★★ Novice

I'm going to try and remain civil here but I cannot begin to describe how frustrated I am. At this point I'm ready to come full circle and stop being angry and just devolve into frustrated crying. Maybe that's an over reaction for an account for a video game console but as someone who has worked in customer service the level of inconvenience and user-unfriendly * I've been running into with EA customer support has me ready to bash I head through a wall..

I am currently using EA ACCOUNT A, this is what I'm logged into right now. My PSN ID is logged into EA ACCOUNT B and I've been trying to get it unlinked so that I can connect it to the right account. However, I no longer have access to the account used to sign into EA ACCOUNT B and according to Microsoft I haven't used it in over two years so all of my attempts at recovering access have been completely futile. Since I haven't used that e-mail in over two years that I'm sure I haven't used EA ACCOUNT B in just as long or longer, in fact, my earliest EA game that I can remember via PSN trophies is The Force Unleashed which I last played in 2012 so chances are that the account was created that year or even prior to that. I was told to fill out an account recovery form which I did and it stated that I would be contacted in three days. I waited about a week before contacting EA again and this time I received an e-mail saying that I would receive an account recovery code in PS Messages, then I got another one asking me to change my PlayStation privacy settings so that the code could be sent to me but my settings already allow me me receive messages from anyone so I responded as such. Not longer after I get another e-mail asking if I still need help with my issue and that if I do I should resume my case on EA Help but when I tried that it just sent me to the account recovery form that I already filled out so I fill out the form again and receive the exact same carbon copy e-mails from the same rep.

I called them today on the phone and was told that this issue had been closed despite me not receiving any kind of update e-mail and that I should fill out the form for a third time. After attempting to submit it, it said that the page timed out. This is an issue I had before so I try on Edge as opposed to Chrome and while signing in to EA Help I was given the option to sign in using my PSN ID. I do this and open a new case and request a phone call, attaching pictures I took on my phone showing me signed into my PSN with my first and last name, ME: Andromeda in the background showing the old e-mail for EA ACCOUNT B, and then a clear shot of the latter. I get a call from the rep who has been sending my useless e-mails who then proceeds to tell me that apparently it is IMPOSSIBLE to unlink a PSN ID from an EA account and that all that can be done is for them to change the e-mail on the account because the PSN ID is permanently attached to it.

Why? Why is this so difficult? Why am I not able to do this on my own?

Message 1 of 6 (1,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Unlink PSN ID

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @AgnryFaic.

From your post it appears that you were unable to receive a message on your console, is that correct? If so then you need to ensure that you are able to as if you do not do what our live support team requests then they will be unable to assist you.

As this is an account based issue you will need to speak with our live support team as no one on AHQ can assist in relation to your issue.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,640 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @AgnryFaic.

From your post it appears that you were unable to receive a message on your console, is that correct? If so then you need to ensure that you are able to as if you do not do what our live support team requests then they will be unable to assist you.

As this is an account based issue you will need to speak with our live support team as no one on AHQ can assist in relation to your issue.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Merge account maybe ?
its not without consequence, but you will get access to all games, but gamedata and achivement is the issue, please read EA guide on this.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-accounts-and-persona-transfers/

ps.

problem is consol games online game registration is bound at that EA account, ( can only see a total takeover with the new account you use. )

Message 3 of 6 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even if you were able to get Microsoft to resume your access to EA Account B's email, you're probably SOL.

Just got off of 2 hours of chats/phones with support only to be told that I can't unlink my PSN account from my husband's EA account and add it to my EA account.

After asking why my account was ineligible, I kept getting the run around and accused of calling the tech person a liar for simply asking what are the specifics as to why some accounts are eligible and why some aren't for these persona transfers. 

I finally asked, "So there is nothing possible? I can't do anything?"

She responds "Make a new PSN account and link that to your EA account."

Thanks for nothing.

Might have more luck with a PSN account transfer. That's my next route.

Message 4 of 6 (1,531 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties @Dpe050911

If our live support team have informed you that it is not possible to unlink your gamertag from your EA account then I'm sorry to say that there is no way that it can be done.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,519 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the similar problem. And the EA Team cannot help me anything. The question is always transfer between EA help support and live support. I think that if you do not have the capability for unlinking PSN ID with EA account, you should not use the function of linking. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,456 Views)