Re: Can't Recieve E-Mails from EA Help?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Recieve E-Mails from EA Help?

★ Novice

I am trying to change my username on Origin (which based on other platforms like Steam shouldn't be this difficult at all) and don't know my 8 year old security questions answer. Trying to get past this, I contacted EA help with live chat. Twice. Both times they tried sending e mail for verification codes as they should as it makes sense, but I seem to be unable to receive their e-mails.

I am using Yahoo, I refreshed page, logged in and out, tried a new browser, tried my phone, and I sent an email from my phone to myself from a different address and I got it fine. 

I could tell both individuals on EA help were not in america and could not speak good English, is this some kind of international e-mail issue? Does anybody else have this problem, is there a solution?

Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 9 (2,367 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Snugfuzzy

Did you check the spam folder of your mailbox? Sometimes the emails can end up there. 

And maybe your email adress had not been verified yet.Wondering I think if your email address has not been verified, you will not receive any email from EA.

This is how to update your account information in Origin https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/ 

But if you do not know the answer to your current SQ then you will not be able to change it yourself, you need to create an incident using the Talk to a Game Advisor link on the left, and a Game Advisor will assist you.

Select Origin from the list.

Select a topic for the best results.

Scroll to the bottom and select Contact Us.

Select your platform and list a short description of your problem.

Select live chat or call me to request a call back from an advisor

NOTE for Live Chat try to use Internet Explorer and you need to change your country of residence to the United Kingdom from the menu at the top of the screen.

In most countries are available between 09:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday.

Also you can check this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/EA-Chat-option-greyed-out/m-p/6476778#M274490 to follow the steps indicated by @IIPrest0nII

for Live Chat.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,304 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Snugfuzzy

Did you check the spam folder of your mailbox? Sometimes the emails can end up there. 

And maybe your email adress had not been verified yet.Wondering I think if your email address has not been verified, you will not receive any email from EA.

This is how to update your account information in Origin https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/ 

But if you do not know the answer to your current SQ then you will not be able to change it yourself, you need to create an incident using the Talk to a Game Advisor link on the left, and a Game Advisor will assist you.

Select Origin from the list.

Select a topic for the best results.

Scroll to the bottom and select Contact Us.

Select your platform and list a short description of your problem.

Select live chat or call me to request a call back from an advisor

NOTE for Live Chat try to use Internet Explorer and you need to change your country of residence to the United Kingdom from the menu at the top of the screen.

In most countries are available between 09:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday.

Also you can check this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/EA-Chat-option-greyed-out/m-p/6476778#M274490 to follow the steps indicated by @IIPrest0nII

for Live Chat.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 9 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Did you figure out a solution for this yet? I'm having the same problem, sadly.

Message 3 of 9 (2,259 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ThirstyNeonWings.

Can I ask what emails is it that you are not receiving? Is it the verification emails or just general emails from EA?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi im having this issue aswell and i am not recieving any emails at all from ea

Message 5 of 9 (2,076 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @cantgeorge11 have you checked to ensure that the correct email is linked to your EA account and that you have not filtered incoming mail?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having this issue

Message 7 of 9 (2,009 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bangnslap, have you checked your account to ensure that the account details are correct?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (1,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dude its 2023 and im still having this issue like wtf 

Message 9 of 9 (491 Views)