Can't Install Origin on Windows 10

by catt_the_wolf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Install Origin on Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My laptop upgraded itself from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now Origin won't open or install. When I noticed the issue, I uninstalled Origin so that I could try reinstalling, but it won't even install. I keep getting two error messages which are almost identical, save one letter. I have no idea what to do to fix this. The messages always come together, one pops up as soon as you click "OK" on the first.

Message 1 of 11 (202,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Install Origin on Windows 10

EA DICE Team

@catt_the_wolf

As mentioned by @Leora85, you are missing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 from your system. Please download it from the Microsoft website and make sure you install the x86 and x64 versions. Afterwards, restart your system.

If the files are still missing then run a System File Checker. Also make sure that your Windows installation is completely updated. If unresolved, then you will have to repair your Windows installation via a System Refresh.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (204,416 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Looks like a problem with your visual c++ redistributable packages, perhaps they're not compatible with Windows 10 or something went wrong during the upgrade. I think the ones having the errors (msvcp100.dll and msvcp120.dll) are the 2010 and 2012 versions, but I could be wrong. You can find links to the most recent versions of all the redistributable packages here. If you're running 64 bit Windows, remember to install the 64 bit versions (some programs also seem to require the 32 bit (x86) versions as well, don't remember if Origin is one such program). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 11 (202,796 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried every single solution that everyone on this site has posted, and not a single one works. I've tried other things that I didn't see here that were suggested by friends, and none of it works. I am at a total loss. Nothing is helping this. 

Message 3 of 11 (202,764 Views)

EA DICE Team

@catt_the_wolf

As mentioned by @Leora85, you are missing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 from your system. Please download it from the Microsoft website and make sure you install the x86 and x64 versions. Afterwards, restart your system.

If the files are still missing then run a System File Checker. Also make sure that your Windows installation is completely updated. If unresolved, then you will have to repair your Windows installation via a System Refresh.

Message 4 of 11 (204,417 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I've done what you said about C++ 2015 de last version 14.0.24215 and also system checker, but nothing seems to work, i was playing with the old version of Origin ( i think 8) but from version 9 i cant install it and i cant off line login to play, what do i have to do to be able to play, i just bought Bttlefield 4 and not played even once, it's not fair, while i have never problem with Steam!!! how come that origin is so ......, every time i get another error code, 7, 9, , .....

Help me please.

Message 5 of 11 (202,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I've done what you said about C++ 2015 de last version 14.0.24215 and also system checker, but nothing seems to work, i was playing with the old version of Origin ( i think 8) but from version 9 i cant install it and i cant off line login to play, what do i have to do to be able to play, i just bought Bttlefield 4 and not played even once, it's not fair, while i have never problem with Steam!!! how come that origin is so ......, every time i get another error code, 7, 9, , .....

Help me please.

Message 6 of 11 (202,603 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, it IS a Visual C problem. Stemmed from your Windows 10 upgrade. Try reverting back to Win 7 and upgrade again. Sometimes redistributable won't install on upgraded system.

Message 7 of 11 (202,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All of these ppl were wrong and the most simplest solution would have been to call windows. Which is what I did and found out that windows 10 has a new restriction with any apps that cant be downloaded or "verified" from within the windows store. Basically if u go inside the store directly from ur comp and cant find the app or game u want to download then u wont be able to download it at all. To remove this restriction Microsoft charges 69.99 over the phone and 100$ in store. Biggest jip I've ever experienced from microsoft and instead of paying that id rather buy a Mac. Because im not paying to remove a restriction that doesnt exist on any other windows program.

Message 8 of 11 (198,183 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Why doesn't Origin FIX this problem, rather than asking the comsumer to fix it? Can you not include the required files in your update, or is writing a new app - all to hard?

Message 9 of 11 (192,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All you have to do is disable the firewall and maybe and any antivirus software

Message 10 of 11 (191,549 Views)