Re: Cant choose my regular name

by AlphaWolf484

Original Post

Can't Input Username

★★ Novice

So, my usual username is AlphaWolf464, so i tried that, prohibited character, AlphaWolf, taken, AlphaWolf4, taken, AlphaWolf46, prohibited char, AlphaWolf6, taken. I have retried several times. What is going on, I can't find a pattern.

Message 1 of 10 (1,011 Views)

Re: Can't Input Username

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@AlphaWolf484 

^ is not a bad compromise?

For prohibited character or character combination, there is not a lot we can do about that one.

As we both know, AlphaWolf is a pretty awesome username and with many millions of user accounts, lots of variations will already be taken.

Keep trying until you get a variation that does not diminish the base awesomeness of the username.

Standard smile

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (969 Views)

★★ Novice

I completely get that, and ty for responding, but would you be able to tell me what the system is, because 6 doesnt seem to be banned, as AlphaWolf6 works, so why is AlphaWolf46 banned?

Message 3 of 10 (959 Views)

★★ Novice

Would I be able to atleast know to rules of how to works so I can make a username accordingly?

Message 4 of 10 (833 Views)

Prohibited character

★★ Novice

I tried to input the username AlphWolf464, but it came up that it had a prohibited character. Now, if that actually was the issue, fine, I get it, don’t want inappropriate usernames, or stuff the system can’t handle. Thing is. That isn’t the problem. Letters are ofc allowed, as are numbers. AlphaWolf4 went through, as did AlphaWolf6. Only when I got to AlphaWolf46 did the problem start. Why? Even if it is supposed to be like that, could I atleast understand the rules regarding prohibited characters? Please tell me why it isn’t working, if AlphaWolf464 is supposed to not be a valid username.

Message 5 of 10 (837 Views)

Cant choose my regular name

★★ Novice

So, my name on most games is AlphaWolf464, but it is blocked on Origin, despite the fact that AlphaWolf4 and AlphaWolf6 is not. As far as I'm aware, AlphaWolf464 should work, so the fact that it doesn't doesnt make very much sense.

Message 6 of 10 (704 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @AlphaWolf484 if the username is not accepted then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do to change this.

@EA_Barry offered a decent alternative in his response above. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 10 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Kinda weird, but ok. Would you be able to tell me the rules regarding naming policy tho?

Message 8 of 10 (658 Views)

Community Manager

All I can say is that if a name is accepted then it is and if not @AlphaWolf484 you'll have to try something else.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay.

Message 10 of 10 (571 Views)