Can't Find .exe Files in Origin Games Folder

by Sigtor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Find .exe Files in Origin Games Folder

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I need to find my Dragon Age Origins exe file so I can up the RAM limit on it because it keeps crashing. However, I cannot for the life of me find the exe file despite the game booting up fine. It is not in the Origin Games folder where games usually are and have no other idea where it could be.

Message 1 of 8 (12,924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Find .exe Files in Origin Games Folder

Community Manager

@Sigtor Try having a look for a Dragon Age folder within your Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (12,941 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Sigtor Try having a look for a Dragon Age folder within your Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (12,942 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
its in a bit deeper folder in this game, some few games do this.
?:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\bin_ship

special if expansion or GOLD version, then game can do this, maybe a way they do to seperating Original game with Ultimated version.
Message 3 of 8 (12,885 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a seperate HD for games, and cant find the Dragon Age folder, AT ALL... Why EA is so stupid as to not let up right click on the title and find a button that says 'Show File Location' is beyond me... The ONLY Dragon Age Folder that comes up, has nothing but Screenshots in it... Nothing else is saved in it.  This is getting ridiculously frustrating.

Message 4 of 8 (12,263 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FormerMarine0821 can you take a look for the folder withing your Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders. 

If you have set the game to install in a certain location then you should be able to navigate there and in your downloaded files find the folder.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (12,245 Views)

★★ Novice

I ended up Uninstalling and Reinstalling to a base location.  Though, Still crashing, even after Compatibility mode and everything

Message 6 of 8 (12,241 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FormerMarine0821 can you grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (12,230 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is, I know I meet the Min Reqs

Message 8 of 8 (12,213 Views)