Re: Can't Delete DownloadCache folder on Mac

by SlayQueenxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Delete DownloadCache folder on Mac

★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to open origin for a while now, and it is really bugging me.

I thought I would try cleaning the cache, as that solved many people's problems. I followed all the steps, however there is no option to delete the DowloadCache folder.. I tried 'Move to Trash', but it only just disappears for 3 seconds then re-appears.

I would very much appreciate some help because this is stopping me from playing the Sims 4 and accessing the gallery. I also want to update sims but I am unable to do that because of this.

Thankyou

Message 1 of 5 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SlayQueenxx  Just run the Origin reset tool for macOS.  It's a lot simpler than manually clearing out all the cache files, and it will empty the contents of DownloadCache, although the folder will remain.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

All Replies

@SlayQueenxx  Just run the Origin reset tool for macOS.  It's a lot simpler than manually clearing out all the cache files, and it will empty the contents of DownloadCache, although the folder will remain.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Message 2 of 5 (675 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  After installing I opened origin and it still wasn't loading. I have reinstalled and I am still waiting. Do I deleted the old Origin or keep it and proceed downloading the. new one? (Sorry I am pretty clueless when it comes to tech!)

Message 3 of 5 (667 Views)

@SlayQueenxx  Run the Origin reset tool again, then right-click on the Origin icon in Applications and select Move to Trash.  Also trash OriginThinSetup in your downloads folder.  Then download a new version and install it.

Message 4 of 5 (663 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahhh it worked! The game and expansion packs are now re-downloading. I already downloaded and so now I have 2 versions of origin, but everything seems to be fine 🤷‍♀️

Thankyou soooooo much!!!!! ❤️

Message 5 of 5 (658 Views)