Can't Connect to Activate Games

by lexiedoh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Connect to Activate Games

★★★ Newbie

Every one of my games is currently refusing to run, giving me the "We're sorry, an error has occurred. We're unable to connect to EA servers to activate [insert game name here] on this computer using your account." I've tried all the old suggestions for this problem & they're not working. Please help?

(Accidentally posted in FIFA 15 first.)

Message 1 of 8 (1,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Connect to Activate Games

EA DICE Team

@lexiedoh

If you are running Windows 10 then you should be able to use the Windows 8 guide versions. I've also updated the clean boot article to use the Microsoft link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If the issue still persists then please reach out to an EA Advisor via EA Help to make sure that this isn't an account issue:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (989 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are only allowed one message per subject.  Your error on the original called for a need to either delete your "bad" post first, or seek help from a CM / Hero on here to physically move that post.  Regrettably, from what you've told us, I do not know anything to help you connect, nor why the error has appeared. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, I imagined that was the case. It seems to have already been deleted. I just didn't want my issue with all of my games to be hidden away in the FIFA forums, so I reposted.

Upon further inspection, it seems as though I mistakenly posted it here as well. I didn't realise EA Access was a membership program. This issue is only with the Origin client, & my games within it. It's having trouble accessing EA servers, so I thought this forum was the appropriate place. My mistake.

Message 3 of 8 (1,040 Views)

Community Manager

@lexiedoh Hey, the post has been moved to the appropriate board. 

As for the issue, can you start by starting Origin as an administrator, and see if that has any effect?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you!

I have tried that, yes, & it does not solve the problem.
Message 5 of 8 (1,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@lexiedoh,

Hi,

Can you please check the following:

Let us know if the games are working afterwards.

Message 6 of 8 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've done all of these that I can. Some of the links reference older operating systems (I'm on Windows 10), & other links don't work at all. The games are still not working.
Message 7 of 8 (995 Views)

EA DICE Team

@lexiedoh

If you are running Windows 10 then you should be able to use the Windows 8 guide versions. I've also updated the clean boot article to use the Microsoft link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If the issue still persists then please reach out to an EA Advisor via EA Help to make sure that this isn't an account issue:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

Message 8 of 8 (990 Views)