Can't Access signin.ea.com or Login to Origin

by MattyB151

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Access signin.ea.com or Login to Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi

So I'm almost ripping my hair out with this problem. One minute I'm playing BF4, I turn my PC off, turn it back on again, Origin does an update (maybe about a week ago?) and now I am no longer able to access Origin because "Online login is currently unavailable".

After seeing that the Origin client for windows doesn't sign in, I tried logging in through the website and it still doesn't work because the page doesn't even load up.

I couldn't even sign in to this section of the EA site (answers.ea.com) because whenever I click to add a new post it takes me to the sign in and just times out. I am logged in on my mac both in the client and on the website, so it is something to do with my PC.

I've tried all the fixes relating to "Online login is currently unavailable" (unticking proxy server option in internet connection settings, deleting hosts file, reinstalling Origin etc), nothing seems to work so I'm absolutely desperate. I don't understand why only Origin isn't working.

Please help.

Message 1 of 13 (17,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Access signin.ea.com or Login to Origin

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hi @MattyB151

Windows 10 not  work well without updates .

My advice is to update your Windows 10 and see if your issue persist.

If you change your mind and you want to use Windows 10 without problems look here to do this  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Solving-Problems-in-Windows-10-with-Origin/m-p/4699616

Rollback to Windows 7 :

First of all, before you proceed with the downgrade, make sure you back up whatever information you want to keep, as you could lose some data otherwise. You can make a backup on a thumb drive, an external hard drive or by using a cloud storage service.

When you install Windows 10 as an upgrade on a PC running Windows 7 , the old version of the OS remains stored in a "Windows.old" folder. This folder allows you to restore that previous version directly from Windows 10, without any additional hassle.

To do so,  click on the Windows Start menu at the bottom left of the screen and access Settings / Update & Security / Recovery. From there on, you'll see an option to  "Go back to Windows 7."Next up, select "Get started" to kick off the downgrade process.

Once you've selected to proceed , Microsoft will ask you why you decided to downgrade from Windows 10. Write your impressions of the latest OS, then click "Next" to move on with the downgrade. You'll get several chances to cancel, and you'll also see a reminder that if your old Windows was password-protected, you'll need that old password. If you're determined to go through with the downgrade, all you have to do is click "Next"

You need to have patience may take a while the whole process should not take longer than 10 minutes or so, and your system will be just as it was before Windows 10.

NOTE keep in mind that if you're on a laptop, the option will only work if you connect it to a power source.

All my best.

@yahel_1
I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Just to let you know, I fixed this problem by running a program called TCP optimizer on my computer. Everything started working perfectly after that.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (17,172 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @MattyB151 have you added Origin into anti-virus software and windows firewall's white list? 

Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client.

You need to do this> add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

If don't work the steps above I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Clean boot will check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

-you need to press the key combination: “Windows Key + R”;
In the “Run” window, type the message “msconfig” without quotes;
-you need to left click on the “OK” button;
Select “General” tab, from the toolbar and chose the feature called “ Selective startup”;
-uncheck the box found in the left of the message: “ Load startup items”;
Select “Service” tab, from the toolbar;
-check the box in the left of message: “Hide all Microsoft services”;
Left click on the “Disable all” button, found on the lower-right side of the window;
Left click on the “OK” button;
-a new message box will prompt on your display. Left click on the “Restart” button in order to restart your operating system.

NOTE save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.

All my best.Wink

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 13 (16,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hello @MattyB151 have you added Origin into anti-virus software and windows firewall's white list? 

Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client.

You need to do this> add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

If don't work the steps above I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Clean boot will check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

-you need to press the key combination: “Windows Key + R”;
In the “Run” window, type the message “msconfig” without quotes;
-you need to left click on the “OK” button;
Select “General” tab, from the toolbar and chose the feature called “ Selective startup”;
-uncheck the box found in the left of the message: “ Load startup items”;
Select “Service” tab, from the toolbar;
-check the box in the left of message: “Hide all Microsoft services”;
Left click on the “Disable all” button, found on the lower-right side of the window;
Left click on the “OK” button;
-a new message box will prompt on your display. Left click on the “Restart” button in order to restart your operating system.

NOTE save any open files and close all programs before restarting your computer.

All my best.

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Many thanks for replying. I just made inbound and outbound rules for windows firewall. I don't have an antivirus so I can't disable that and I tried a clean boot and the same thing happens. Frown

Message 3 of 13 (16,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MattyB151

What type of windows you have ?

Run System File Checker :
-click the Start button.
-type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
-while holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
-you will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
-click Yes.
.A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
-type "sfc /scannow" and hit ENTER.
-system File Checker will begin scanning foR system file problems (be patient - the system scan may take a while).
Follow the on-screen commands.

Check for Windows Updates:
1.Click the Start button.
2.Type "update" into the search box and hit ENTER.
3.The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.

Restart your PC .

If you use Internet Explorer do the steps...
-resetting your Internet Explorer settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737?
Open Internet Explorer and clicked the little gear wheel in the top right corner of the browser.
-click Internet Options
-click Security Tab
-click Trusted Sites
-click Sites in the little box
A window popped up and had the Origin web address in the 'add this website to the zone' box.
-click Add
-click Close

If you use Google Chrome do this steps...
-resetting your Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
-there are the steps on how you can add a site to the list of trusted sites.
-click the Chrome Menu icon on the far right of the Address bar.
-click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
-click on Change proxy settings (under Network)
-click the Security tab > Trusted Sites icon, then click Sites.
Enter the URL of your Trusted Site, then click Add.
-click Close > OK.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 13 (16,913 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

@MattyB151

What type of windows you?

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. There just seems to be zero connection between my computer and the EA sign in server. I clicked "Reply" on this thread to reply to you and it stopped working because it tries to redirect to the sign in page.

Message 5 of 13 (16,895 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MattyB151

It is necessary to make the steps above.

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 13 (16,892 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

@MattyB151

What type of windows you have ?

Run System File Checker :
-click the Start button.
-type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
-while holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
-you will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
-click Yes.
.A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
-type "sfc /scannow" and hit ENTER.
-system File Checker will begin scanning foR system file problems (be patient - the system scan may take a while).
Follow the on-screen commands.

Check for Windows Updates:
1.Click the Start button.
2.Type "update" into the search box and hit ENTER.
3.The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.

Restart your PC .

If you use Internet Explorer do the steps...
-resetting your Internet Explorer settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737?
Open Internet Explorer and clicked the little gear wheel in the top right corner of the browser.
-click Internet Options
-click Security Tab
-click Trusted Sites
-click Sites in the little box
A window popped up and had the Origin web address in the 'add this website to the zone' box.
-click Add
-click Close

If you use Google Chrome do this steps...
-resetting your Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
-there are the steps on how you can add a site to the list of trusted sites.
-click the Chrome Menu icon on the far right of the Address bar.
-click on Settings, scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
-click on Change proxy settings (under Network)
-click the Security tab > Trusted Sites icon, then click Sites.
Enter the URL of your Trusted Site, then click Add.
-click Close > OK.

I just ran sfc scannow and it said there were no integrity violations. I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome but none of them seem to work at all. There is one windows update that my computer wants to do but it's Windows 10 and I'm too scared to update to it just now. Is there anyway I can keep Windows 7?

Message 7 of 13 (16,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @MattyB151

If you change your mind and you want to use Windows 10 without problems look here to do this  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Solving-Problems-in-Windows-10-with-Origin/m-p/4699616

Rollback to Windows 7 :

First of all, before you proceed with the downgrade, make sure you back up whatever information you want to keep, as you could lose some data otherwise. You can make a backup on a thumb drive, an external hard drive or by using a cloud storage service.

When you install Windows 10 as an upgrade on a PC running Windows 7 , the old version of the OS remains stored in a "Windows.old" folder. This folder allows you to restore that previous version directly from Windows 10, without any additional hassle.

To do so,  click on the Windows Start menu at the bottom left of the screen and access Settings / Update & Security / Recovery. From there on, you'll see an option to  "Go back to Windows 7."Next up, select "Get started" to kick off the downgrade process.

Once you've selected to proceed , Microsoft will ask you why you decided to downgrade from Windows 10. Write your impressions of the latest OS, then click "Next" to move on with the downgrade. You'll get several chances to cancel, and you'll also see a reminder that if your old Windows was password-protected, you'll need that old password. If you're determined to go through with the downgrade, all you have to do is click "Next"

You need to have patience may take a while the whole process should not take longer than 10 minutes or so, and your system will be just as it was before Windows 10.

NOTE keep in mind that if you're on a laptop, the option will only work if you connect it to a power source.

All my best.Standard smile

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 13 (16,853 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hi @MattyB151

Rollback to Windows 7 :

All my best.

@yahel_1
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler

Just to let you know, I fixed this problem by running a program called TCP optimizer on my computer. Everything started working perfectly after that.

Message 9 of 13 (17,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MattyB151

I'm glad you solved ,is perfect as you posted  the solution , please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked.Wink

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 13 (16,776 Views)