Can i get a refund for microtransactions?

by Morp3th

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can i get a refund for microtransactions?

★★★ Newbie
I just bought this game yesterday to play with my 7yo son. I let him play this morning on his own for a little while and when I joined him I discovered he'd been buying sticker packs or coins.

I found this out because before we were about to go and shoot zombies in the park he said "let's get some stickers incase we need them." He then led me to this section in the base where you can buy coins or stickers. He can't remember how many times he did this.

Help needed please. Had no idea microtransactions were even in the game.
Message 1 of 2 (2,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can i get a refund for microtransactions?

Hero

@Morp3th Hi, as this is the section for the Origin client, I'm unsure what game specifically you're talking about (I suspect PvZ:GW2?). 

If you go to Origin > Help > Order History, it's possible any transactions might show up in there (I'm not sure how microtransactions work for this game, so I could be wrong). Of course, this is assuming you're playing on PC. You can also use the 'Payment & Shipping' tab to add or remove payment methods, if you have one saved in there (like a credit card), perhaps removing it will prevent this from happening again?

All I can suggest is getting in contact with a game advisor, which you can do here (remember to set your country using the menu in the upper left corner of the contact page so contact options for your country are shown. If your country isn't listed, it's recommended you set it to the US or UK). At the very least, perhaps they'll be able to let you know how to prevent your son from being able to do this in future. 

If you choose the live chat option, be aware that the estimated wait time tends to be unreliable. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try using a different browser.

Good luck, hope this helps. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,959 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can i get a refund for microtransactions?

Hero

@Morp3th Hi, as this is the section for the Origin client, I'm unsure what game specifically you're talking about (I suspect PvZ:GW2?). 

If you go to Origin > Help > Order History, it's possible any transactions might show up in there (I'm not sure how microtransactions work for this game, so I could be wrong). Of course, this is assuming you're playing on PC. You can also use the 'Payment & Shipping' tab to add or remove payment methods, if you have one saved in there (like a credit card), perhaps removing it will prevent this from happening again?

All I can suggest is getting in contact with a game advisor, which you can do here (remember to set your country using the menu in the upper left corner of the contact page so contact options for your country are shown. If your country isn't listed, it's recommended you set it to the US or UK). At the very least, perhaps they'll be able to let you know how to prevent your son from being able to do this in future. 

If you choose the live chat option, be aware that the estimated wait time tends to be unreliable. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try using a different browser.

Good luck, hope this helps. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (2,960 Views)