Can i change which microsoft account or accounts are connected to origin?

by AnotherScribbler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can i change which microsoft account or accounts are connected to origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can I change which xbox account/microsoft live account is linked with Origin or can I add multiple accounts to it?

I should be able to simply link my account(s) and manage that by myself.  I have two or three profiles on my xbox 360 that I would have greatly preferred using over getting a new one.  I am not going to create extra origin accounts just to keep up with this bs that is origin and microsoft's doing.  I've been trying to fix things for the past six hours, no solutions, surprise surprise, I hate EA and Microsoft.  Anyone know how to fix this bs or who to ask about it?

Message 1 of 4 (2,082 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can i change which microsoft account or accounts are connected to origin?

Community Manager

@AnotherScribbler Hi, 

As outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you*. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

*Note: EA Advisors cannot transfer your console ID to an EA Account that already has a console ID of the same type (Xbox LIVE gamertag or PlayStation online ID) attached to it.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,104 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@AnotherScribbler Hi, 

As outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you*. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

*Note: EA Advisors cannot transfer your console ID to an EA Account that already has a console ID of the same type (Xbox LIVE gamertag or PlayStation online ID) attached to it.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (2,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the information.

Message 3 of 4 (2,044 Views)

Community Manager

@AnotherScribbler No worries, hopefully you will be able to get this resolved soon.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (2,024 Views)