Can I unlink a PSN account without speaking to a phone operator?

by TehGary6012

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I unlink a PSN account without speaking to a phone operator?

★ Novice

I have a Playstation Network account linked to this Origin account.  I have an Origin account that I use and have purchased games on.  This account has nothing on it except a linked PSN account.  The fact that I have two accounts id due to this account originally being an EA account I created when playing Dragon Age: Origins in 2009, and it not being made clear when I created an account to purchase PC games on Origin that an EA account can be changed to an Origin account.

I read up on how to have a PSN account moved from one Origin account to another, and everything I read said that I had to speak to someone over the phone.  When trying to use the 'Contact Us' option (which for some reason never remembers that I live in the UK), the only option it gives me for account issues is being contacted over the phone.  I have issues with anxiety that can often lead to panic attacks, and one of the triggers for this is phone calls with people I do not know in a vaguely professional setting.  I eventually went "Ugh" and arranged for an operator to call me.

During that phone call, I was eventually told that it is impossible to move a PSN account between two Origin accounts unless the destination account has an X-Box account linked to it.  I have since done a bit of searching and can't find anything about that, so my assumptions are that this might be a miscommunication (between him and someone else on his end, as he used the phrase "The system will not let us move a Playstation Network account to an Origin account unless it has an X Box account", which is not ambiguous), or that there is simply a very odd system error that isn't well known about,  I asked about having this account deleted, and was told that my PSN account will still be linked to it even though it is deleted.  Even though I think it is a mistake I have gone ahead and created an X-Box Live account and linked it on my main account.

I would rather not have to deal with this again via telephone.  My understanding from seeing people talk about dealing with EA support on here is that most people result to this by getting angry, but going from being told on the website that this would be a relatively simple issue to fix (even if it does result in loss of data) to working up the nerve to try and handle the issue over the phone to then being told that it was impossible for a reason that the operator couldn't explain to me further than "the system won't allow it" left me feeling defeated and depressed (especially after seeing that my support ticket was now 'resolved' despite the issue not being resolved).  Is it possible to try and deal with this in any way via email?

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I unlink a PSN account without speaking to a phone operator?

EA DICE Team

@TehGary6012

It is not always possible to move a console ID to another account and such requests are always handled on an individual basis. Do note that such requests will always have to be handled via phone. I am aware of your anxiety issues and while I understand that this uncomfortable for you, there are currently no other options available than phone.

Do note that you do have other options available in terms of getting your games on the same account such as moving your PC games to your EA account which holds the PSN ID. We can then perform an email swap so that you still have the relevant account information. Do note that such transfers are also not always possible and will have to be handled on an individual basis. Please click on the article that I linked for more information.

Please contact an EA Advisor to further discuss your options with you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (256 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@TehGary6012

It is not always possible to move a console ID to another account and such requests are always handled on an individual basis. Do note that such requests will always have to be handled via phone. I am aware of your anxiety issues and while I understand that this uncomfortable for you, there are currently no other options available than phone.

Do note that you do have other options available in terms of getting your games on the same account such as moving your PC games to your EA account which holds the PSN ID. We can then perform an email swap so that you still have the relevant account information. Do note that such transfers are also not always possible and will have to be handled on an individual basis. Please click on the article that I linked for more information.

Please contact an EA Advisor to further discuss your options with you.

Message 2 of 4 (257 Views)

★ Novice

@Straatford87

That is unfortunate.  I guess I'm more frustrated at the X-Box account thing than anything else, because it doesn't make sense to me.  I remembered my old GFWL account I had to set up aeons ago, so may try again later in the week.  Failing that, I dunno.  I'll probably trade in DA: Inquisition, the game looks cool on its own but I dig the whole 'importing a world state' thing.  It's actually the biggest appeal of it to me, as minor as the changes may be.  This isn't an issue that'd bug me with any other EA game.

On a personal note, capital G 'Gamers' are often viewed as being entitled when they can't get their own way, and I've noticed a lot of unwarranted anger in a lot of the posts on this forum, which is kind of a shame, so I'd like to thank you for taking the time to respond.

Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TehGary6012

Hi,

I am glad that I could be of assistance.

Do note that you can also import and share your world state from DA:I when you have it on multiple accounts. How you can do that can be found in the following article:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/dragon-age-keep-on-the-wrong-origin-account/

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions then just let me know.

Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)