Can I link Origin to my Xbox One

by TheErupted

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I link Origin to my Xbox One

★★ Novice

If I get a game such as Fifa 16 on Origin can I link Origin so I can play Fifa 16 on my Xbox One? If so how do I do that? In other words can I link Origin to my Xbox.

Message 1 of 7 (24,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I link Origin to my Xbox One

Hero (Retired)

@TheErupted

Yes, you can link your Xbox Account to your EA Account, but it does not work like you think.  This only associates the accounts so you can track stats, etc by logging into the same profile.  For example, I have my Xbox Gamertag and PSN ID linked to my Origin Account, so when I go on Battlelog (the site for Battlefield 4), I see all the stats for each of my different soldiers on one page (even though their ranks, unlocks, etc are all separate).

But no, you cannot purchase FIFA on PC and play it on your Xbox because the accounts are linked.  You would have to have it purchased on Xbox to play on Xbox.

However the steps to link your accounts will be posted below.

Here are the steps needed to link your Xbox Live Gamertag (Or PSN ID) to your Origin Account:

1. Open the Origin Client and click the "Friends" button in the top right corner (If you do not have the Origin Client downloaded, you can do so here)
2. Click "Add a Friend"
3. Inside this menu, you will see the option to connect to your Xbox Live Gamer Tag (Or PSN ID)

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (25,449 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@TheErupted

Yes, you can link your Xbox Account to your EA Account, but it does not work like you think.  This only associates the accounts so you can track stats, etc by logging into the same profile.  For example, I have my Xbox Gamertag and PSN ID linked to my Origin Account, so when I go on Battlelog (the site for Battlefield 4), I see all the stats for each of my different soldiers on one page (even though their ranks, unlocks, etc are all separate).

But no, you cannot purchase FIFA on PC and play it on your Xbox because the accounts are linked.  You would have to have it purchased on Xbox to play on Xbox.

However the steps to link your accounts will be posted below.

Here are the steps needed to link your Xbox Live Gamertag (Or PSN ID) to your Origin Account:

1. Open the Origin Client and click the "Friends" button in the top right corner (If you do not have the Origin Client downloaded, you can do so here)
2. Click "Add a Friend"
3. Inside this menu, you will see the option to connect to your Xbox Live Gamer Tag (Or PSN ID)

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 7 (25,450 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you 😀

Message 3 of 7 (24,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I did what you recommended above...

Hit "Friends" and "Search Friends" but this is all I see,,, There's nothing giving me the option to add my Xbox One info in here...

What gives?

Message 4 of 7 (24,220 Views)

★ Novice
me to how can you do it in FIFA 2019
Message 5 of 7 (19,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same, the only thing it says is search friends, however im not sure if theres been an update or something

Message 6 of 7 (13,904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you link your xbox account to your pc orgin account

Message 7 of 7 (9,764 Views)