Re: Can I get my physical Sims 3 expansion packs onto my Origin account?

by simIrrevirre

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am currently having trouble with this exact problem, who do I reach out to in order to convert my disk games into a downloadable version. 

Message 11 of 14 (1,357 Views)

@bluemonkey141  You can do it yourself: just add the codes that came with the discs to your Origin account.  The codes are the same ones you used to install via disc, the ones printed on the backs of the inserts that came inside the CD cases.

If Origin says the codes have already been used, it's possible you registered them to your Sims 3 Store account.  The store and Origin share information, so a code used in one place couldn't be used in the other.  But in that case, you could just login to Origin with the same email address and password you used on the store site, and your content would already be in your Origin library.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

A question: When I log in to Origin I see my games but the only option I get is to play online. Where do I find the option to fill in the codes? I also  have 2 expansions in Origin which only show a price to buy them though I redeemed all my discs (I think) at old sims 3 community. 

Message 13 of 14 (1,229 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @simIrrevirre as this thread is quite old I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

If you want to register a game to your account then you can do so by following the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-code-redemption-faq/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 14 (1,212 Views)