Can I change my ea account from one Xbox account to another?

by moorethelegend

Original Post

Re: Can I change my ea account from one Xbox account to another?

★★ Novice

Hi I followed those steps but the only option was to join a chat. The estimated time was about 400 mins and I was 99+ in line. There wasn't a call option which I would prefer as its easier to explain my situation. What can I do?

Message 11 of 14 (315 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @moorethelegend

That adds up. We've had to make some changes temporarily to our contact options on account of Covid-19 (see 'Support Options Update'). We do not have a phone support option at the moment and there is going to be longer wait times in our other contact options as a result.

If you'd like to lock the EA account temporarily, go for the chat contact option, just allow for more time for it to work through the wait queue. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 12 of 14 (309 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you maybe contact EA Help and try and get some information from them or get them to email me.

Message 13 of 14 (227 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @moorethelegend,

Sorry, you would need to reach out directly to the support team.

Just to stress, if you've followed my advise on the other security measures you're already in a good place with your EA account protection. The temporary account lock is simply an extra precaution you can take while you're in the process of re-securing your Xbox account with Microsoft.

But yes, if you'd like to pop that lock on the EA account, you will need to set-up a help ticket for chat support. I can't do that for you.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 14 of 14 (221 Views)