Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can I appear offline to my friends in Origin without actually going offline?

by SnarkyWitch

Original Post

Can I appear offline to my friends in Origin without actually going offline?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, I would like to appear offline to my Origin friends without actually having to go offline. Sometimes I leave Origin on in order to download a large game file while I go do something else. I am not actually at my computer but I am online in order to download files so I appear online to my Origin friends as well. They see I'm online and think I am at my computer so they send me messages but I don't receive them until many hours later when I return to my computer. This can be frustrating for both my friends and me.

Selecting "Go Offline" disconnects me from the Origin servers so I cannot download my game files while I leave my computer. I would like a way to appear offline to my friends when I leave my computer so they know I'm not actually available at the time but stay connected to the servers so I can download what I need to. I have a very slow Internet connection so most of my games take hours to download and I often go do other things away from my computer to pass the time.

Message 1 of 3 (8,391 Views)

Re: Can I appear offline to my friends in Origin without actually going offline?

Community Manager (retired)

@SnarkyWitch You can go invisible! To do this, click on the friends icon in the top right of Origin client and then from the drop down menu under your ID in the new window select 'Invisible' . You can also log into Origin client as 'Invisible', just tick the box on the log in window.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 3 (8,373 Views)

Re: Can I appear offline to my friends in Origin without actually going offline?

★★★★ Novice

I know this a really old post but does this "invisible" setting make it so ill appear offline within the ea sports games themselves on ps4? Like madden18 for example?

Message 3 of 3 (2,558 Views)

ea-promo

Do you need to talk to us?

We’re here to help! Here’s how to get in touch with an EA Advisor.

I need to contact EA

all-ea-help-promo

Forgot your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help