Can Dragonage Origins and Bejeweled 3 be played offline?

by CobraDirector

Original Post

Can Dragonage Origins and Bejeweled 3 be played offline?

★★★ Newbie

Can Dragonage Origins and Bejeweled 3 be played offline and can they be launched without origin?

Message 1 of 4 (2,391 Views)

Re: Can Dragonage Origins and Bejeweled 3 be played offline?

Community Manager

@CobraDirector Hi,

As far as I am aware, the answer to your first question is yes and the answer to the second one is no.

How to enable Offline Mode

Many great Origin benefits -- including game downloads, cloud saves, online chat – require an Internet connection, but there are times you may find yourself without one. Offline Mode lets you set up your Origin game library so you can play without an online connection. If you’re getting on a plane without Wi-Fi, you’ll still be able to enjoy your games in single player mode.

Naturally, by activating Offline Mode you’ll temporarily be without Origin online benefits and any multiplayer support. But just because you’re without an Internet connection doesn’t mean you should be without your game collection.

To enable Offline Mode:

1. Log into your Origin Account. This step requires a live Internet connection.
  2. Click ‘Go Offline’ in the Origin menu.

Note: If you are already offline, the menu choice will read ‘Go Online’. Clicking this will take you online.

Source: https://www.origin.com/how-to/offline-mode

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (2,378 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried this, but it still tells me that I cannot activate the game. I also checked within the game itself for a method to turn offline mode on, but to no avail. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem.
Inquisition plays offline fine, but my origins game asks for authentication.

A solution would be well appreciated.
I have looked through all the settings and I've authenticated this game twice online so the copy + paste standard tech support doesn't help at all.
Message 4 of 4 (1,536 Views)